MSI GS43VR Phantom Pro's Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by MiSJAH, Jul 1, 2016.

1. hussa

hussa Newbie

Reputations:
    Many thanks Sainho. Unfortunately it seems that it is a mismatch.

Can someone with a 6re version help a brother out?

2. XAGMNINETY

XAGMNINETY Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey all,

Been battling with a few issues with my machine lately. Nothing to do with performance, UBM seems to think it's running fantastically on all cylinders. Latest updates, drivers, etc. all installed.

The first issue is that the Steelseries keyboard has stopped lighting up with the red glow. I've recently opened the machine to replace the thermal paste on the CPU and GPU (after this problem started, for what it's worth), and thus went through all of the power connections, and everything seems to be fastened properly. Additionally, instead of the red light that the power button usually emits, it now emits an orange light, i.e. the one that is on during Power-Saving/Sleeping mode. I've heard rumblings that this is a SteelSeries Engine compatibility issue with the newest Windows update, but I'm asking here if anyone's seen a similar issue with theirs.

My second issue is that I was using a third-party power block as a secondary that always went in my backpack before it recently gave out. At first, I was worried it was the board or the battery, but upon inspection the battery shows little to no bulge at all and an identical power block that I borrowed works perfectly. Could anyone recommend me a solid backup third (or first) party power block?

Thanks again.