MSI GS43VR Phantom Pro's Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by MiSJAH, Jul 1, 2016.

1. zhangirhan

zhangirhan Newbie

Reputations:
    temp now between 89-91. I was worried that this temp is still too high, but friend of mine said that it is ok. it caused by thickness of laptop

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    You can also reduce the quality setting in the game to obtain a lower temperature readout.

3. bixBillby

bixBillby Newbie

Reputations:
    Well I thought it was solved. I'm right back to the intermittent freezing.

Is there a perscribed protocal for getting the GS43 back up to original performance when a non MSI, Windows 10 reset is exectuted? Experiencing performance issues within SteamVR/MasterpieceVR

**Update**

Uninstalled/reinstalled SteamVR as well as Masterpiece. The very first trigger pull causes the loading (purgatory screen?) to pop up, but very quickly goes back to MPVR, and all subsequent strokes are fine and there is no freezing or stuttering.

Must have been a bad install. Go figure. Heart rate returning to normal...

Hey all - I foolishly attempted to reset my GS43 only to run into a snafu that ended up requiring me to resinstall Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool, instead of the MSI provided image.

I've gone through and installed most if not all (I think) of the relevant drivers and utilities from the MSI support page. Despite this, when I attempt to run SteamFr/Masterpiece VR I get terrible stuttering (or perhaps better described as very brief freezing). This was not the case prior to the reinstall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use Masterpiece for work, and this is not good. :) Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  4. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    1. You can use the image provided by Phoenix on the forum, but you will need to load the drivers associated with your model.
    2. You can contact your local MSI support office to obtain factory recovery image tool, service charge and shipping may apply.

5. bixBillby

bixBillby Newbie

Reputations:
    Pardon my late reply. Thank you very much for the advice!

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  6. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    You're most welcome.

7. dhlee528

dhlee528 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    my battery is swollen so much I had to take it out. the laptop is only about a year and half old

any good place to buy new battery?

hmscott likes this.
  8. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It can be a crap shoot at times to get replacement batteries for MSI, usually used pulls as MSI doesn't sell replacement batteries to end users (that I know of), but you can find them on Ebay, and even Amazon has listings for new replacements - 3rd party equivalent's - hopefully they have the correct fitment dimensions:

Yafda BTY-M47 New Laptop Battery for MSI GS43 ,MSI GS43VR ,MSI GS43VR 6RE ,MSI GS43VR 6RE-045CN, MSI GS40 series [ 7.6V8060mAh /61.25Wh ]
    Price: $78.99 & FREE Shipping

https://www.amazon.com/Yafda-BTY-M47-Battery-6RE-045CN-7-6V8060mAh/dp/B076XCMSFY

Here's another option:

MSI GS43VR Battery Replacement
    http://www.love-battery.com/product_detail.asp?id=10649

And, another:

Brand new BTY-M47 Laptop batteries for MSI GS40 6QE GS43VR GS43 7.6V 61.25Wh 4cell
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bra...6QE-GS43VR-GS43-7-6V-61-25Wh/32829391156.html

I'd look around some more, and see if you can get an idea what a fair price is, and find some consensus on what a slide in replacement will be - if actually available.

Here's a good post about this from a couple of years ago on the MSI forums:

Where to get a replacement battery for your MSI gaming notebook...
    https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=278687.0

You could also open a ticket with MSI and ask for them to replace it, get a quote from them to compare.

Please let us know what you find, and if it works. :)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  9. Vinicius F

Vinicius F Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

The battery for my GS43VR was also very swollen, so I took it off and ordered a replacement.

Does anyone know if it is possible to turn it on without a battery (only plugged in the power outlet)?

I was facing intermittent freezes on the machine, and then tried to change some bios configs related to memory speed without success... Then I found the battery was swollen and took it off.

When I turned it on without the battery, it shows the red keyboard lights and even the fans turn on eventually, but nothing shows up on the screen anymore (although I don't think the screen has any issues). It doesn't even enter the bios anymore, just a black screen.

I did try putting the swollen battery back and it stays with the same problem described above...

One thing I did was update the bios according to https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GS43VR-6RE-Phantom-Pro and do the Intel security fix, but the notebook did work after these updates at least a few times, although now I do recall something asking for a battery reset which I didn't do at the time...

I also tried pressing the battery reset role now, but all it does is turn off the PC.

Is there any way to reset the BIOS to the factory settings without accessing it, i.e. some magical combination of buttons or internal thing?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  10. all9everything

all9everything Newbie

Reputations:
    only 1 way to find out... i cant imagine why it wouldnt still work unless MSI has some sort of built in safety switch that disables using only the power adapter to run the laptop?

I've had laptops in the past work fine without a battery only plugged into the power pack...