MSI GP63 8RE vs GE63 8RE

Discussion in 'MSI' started by damole, Jun 9, 2018.

1. damole

damole Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It is available in the UK at Overclockers but with an M.2 SATA drive and I would like an NVMe drive.

2. Snappy_Darko

Snappy_Darko Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh great, thanks for that. Decent price too. I'd also be after a NVME. Also it doesn't indicate if it's 1 stick of 16 ram or 2 x 8, i'd need 32 so a single stick would be preferable. I guess i could email Overclockers.

3. dnak_ebloa

dnak_ebloa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    From this teardown is looks like it does support NVME.

Another question though, have been looking at the Tongfang 8750 thin-bezzled model and owners have reported tweaking it get 1200 + on cinebench, whereas in this video the reviewer reports a cinebench score of 1050. I'm a bit of noob, but is there any reason why tweaking the MSI won't allow me to hit 1200 or therabouts? I can adjust my expectations a bit taking int account the silicon lottery etc, but still i'd like to know i could get a bit better performance if I fiddled.

4. damole

damole Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I know it supports it, the issue is that I believe the M.2 SSD is comes with is SATA rather than NVMe.

5. dnak_ebloa

dnak_ebloa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Ahh right, yeah, i'd prefer it come with NVME too. The teardown also indicates it comes with 2 x 8gb ram.

6. dnak_ebloa

dnak_ebloa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  7. Support.1@XOTIC PC

Support.1@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    This is the info I have on that screen. I am not sure of the breakdown between the NTSC and the SRGB percentages. But everything else seems to be exactly as you described.

15.6" FHD, 120Hz 3ms Wideview 94% NTSC Color Anti-Glare 1920x1080 16:9

8. dnak_ebloa

dnak_ebloa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That's what I thought, but its quite confusing. I actually ordered this item an hour ago - - thinking it was the same item as in the previous link (this one) , then just to confirm I called Scan just to double check, then called MSI directly, both seemed to indicate it was the 120hz 3ms panel, but not the 94% NTSC Wideview one...they're different models, as their website indicates. The overclockers site it was suggested had just copy pasted 2 models into 1. I've emailed MSI directly in the hope i can get an idea of where to buy it from. Just cancelled the order too.

9. Valued17

Valued17 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    So, which one you went with and why ? I would also like to know the difference between build quality of GP63 and GE63.

10. sush33king

sush33king Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    -Raider has 4 speakers. Leopard has 2.
    -Raiders palm rest is made of brushed aluminium. I am not sure about leopard, i think its plastic designed to look like brushed aluminium.
    -Raider has more fancy rgb lights

Thats all i can think of right now.