MSI GE76

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MarcelineOfOoo, Feb 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. MarcelineOfOoo

MarcelineOfOoo Newbie

Reputations:
    Is the screen good for some designing as well and not just gaming? I don't need any 4K stuff right now just doing some medium to high graphic design nothing too insane. This is honestly the laptop I want this year.

2. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have the 300hz 1080p panel. Colors are good and screen is decently bright (about 338 nits) with no back light bleed. For gaming it's amazing but for professional work I'm not sure. This panel is definitely aimed at gamers. Everything else about this laptop has been amazing so far.

3. MarcelineOfOoo

MarcelineOfOoo Newbie

Reputations:
    That sounds amazing! Thank you I'm really gonna buy this Laptop! Glad I didn't rush to buy asus.

4. HaloGod2012

Reputations:
    You won't regret it. It's the best performing 3080 laptop out there. The 10875H is hot so make sure to use throttlestop and undervolt. The 3080 never goes above 70C.

5. MarcelineOfOoo

MarcelineOfOoo Newbie

Reputations:
    Thats really good to know how would u say it performs in Apex Legends/Valorant/CSGO?

6. HaloGod2012

Reputations:
    Don't play those. Mainly play BO Cold War, doom eternal, cyberpunk, yakuza like a dragon, dirt 5. Plays all of these titles very, very well.

NuclearLizard likes this.
  7. MarcelineOfOoo

MarcelineOfOoo Newbie

Reputations:
    How would u say cyberpunk is fps wise? And BO Cold War and what were the undervolting settings u did?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021 at 6:59 PM
  8. HaloGod2012

Reputations:
    Cyberpunk completely maxed out with Ray tracing gets 60+ fps but CPU bottlenecked. Black ops cold War with DLSS set to quality and max settings gets 150 to 205 fps in multi-player and I'm CPU bottlenecked so the 3080 doesn't sweat at all even with these high frames. Im very impressed with performance so far. My undervolt is set to -100mv for core and cache.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021 at 10:26 PM
  9. MarcelineOfOoo

MarcelineOfOoo Newbie

Reputations:
    I am sold now gonna buy the GE76 this year for sure!

HaloGod2012 likes this.
  10. Hifi80sMan

Hifi80sMan Newbie

Reputations:
    Do you have a photo of backlight bleed/IPS glow? I just got (and returned) the MSI GE75 Raider from Costco and it had some pretty bad backlight bleed (top center and right side). I've gone through a few purchase/returns of various gaming laptops and they've all had fairly bad backlight bleed. I'm actually OK with some IPS glow, it's just the backlight bleeding from the sides that drives me crazy. If the model you have seems to be put together better, I may take a shot and spend a little more.