MSI GE75 worse temps after repaste

Discussion in 'MSI' started by berkkocaturk, Apr 2, 2021.

1. berkkocaturk

berkkocaturk Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey
    I was getting thermal throttled on 10875H on 99C around 4Ghz

After replacing thermal paste with kryonaut temps are still 99C but the boost clock is very low at 3.5Ghz so it is worse

gpu on load was 70-71 C under load and after kryonaut application it is 72-75C

I have put line on cpu so when it is squished it will cover whole die but on gpu I had to spread because the die is huge

Also msi original had thermal gum on gpu VRM insted of thermal pads what about those?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  2. berkkocaturk

Reputations:
    Since the temps are bad I know the application is not good but on my all other laptops and desktops countless repaste this was the worst..

GP73 that i still own has better temps with cheaper MX-4 paste and core to core deltas are also much better

Was the paste too thick or something else.

I have noticed that cpu silicon is wavy when I put straight razor edge I could see the light from so many gaps but I though high quality fresh paste will get me better results.

I am gonna replace thermal paste again what do you think is the best

3. Tenoroon

Tenoroon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have the same issue with a 4930MX, All CPU dies aren't straight, they are always a bit wavy. Make sure that the paste wasn't oozing out from the edges, and if it does, you may want to check out your heatsink as some laptops will come with slightly bent heatsinks (like mine,) which can cause uneven contact. Also make sure that you are screwing down the heatsink all of the way and doing each screw 1-2 rotations and not just screwing down one side and then the next. You want even pressure when screwing everything down.

As for the thermal pads being on the GPU VRM's, leave them there. Paste is techincally better, but can be messier and the thermal pads should do a nice job.

4. berkkocaturk

Reputations:
    Edited typo gpu vrm had thermal paste on them but it was like gum more solid paste that you can roll in between your fingers

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  5. Tenoroon

Reputations:
    Is this the stock thermal paste or the Kryonaut?

6. berkkocaturk

Reputations:
    This is stock msi stuff. Turns out pretty good still throttling but..

I have repaste with MX-4 since that was left and temps are still bad and specially gpu temp is much worse this time.

I thing I need to do LM on the cpu but gpu has a lot of stuff next to the die I would use paste there

7. Tenoroon

Reputations:
    I would just try re-applying the Kryonaut on both the CPU and GPU as MX-4 is terrible for laptops. Just be sure to screw everything down evenly.

8. berkkocaturk

Reputations:
    I have to buy another tube.

9. Tenoroon

Reputations:
    If you have to buy another tube of paste, go with either IC Diamond or Thermalright TFX, they are very viscous pastes, which allows them to not goop off of the edge as easy.

10. berkkocaturk

Reputations:
    Couldnt buy them in my country nowhere sells it. No phobya gelid etc.

Corsair coolermaster stuff is available. And I could buy thermal grizzly which is the highest end stuff I could find.