MSI GE75 Raider v/ full 2080

Discussion in 'MSI' started by ubelai, Jan 29, 2019.

1. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Its most likely a bad paste job then. Try repasting and see how it goes with temps.

I feel like I am the only one not recommending liquid metal LOL haha but yeah any high quality paste with a proper paste job should bring temps down. Also make sure you are not using Dragon Center simultaneously with any other software like throttlestop, because it also incorrectly sets the undervolts. (DC overvolts back up).

IKAS V and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.
  2. SupremeUnicorn

SupremeUnicorn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    paste is done, probably not the best paste job, it has been a decade since last time i did this.
    at the start it looked like it was almost 15c lower, fluctuating from 15 to 10c lower than before on both gpu and cpu.
    but near the end the gpu hit the 75c mark and is thermalthrottling. the cpu did stay about 8c lower at the highest load at the end of the test(around 90).
    testscores did increase a little bit, firestrike https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18231022 and timespy https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6141032

i do feel it helped a lot in games, the temp is 10-15 lower during gaming and i have higher stable fps.

i will try some undervolt on gpu, dont know if i should go lower on cpu, core is at -150mv and cache at -125mv

link to some pics of the paste https://imgur.com/a/c8K4ChA

3. Lunatik

Lunatik Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    How does your voltage chart in afterburner look? Mines all wierd trying to see if anyone else is having the same issue.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/msi-afterburner-voltage-screen-issue.827332/

*Edit nm, installed the MSI Afterburner Beta 4.6 and its good now.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  4. Lunatik

Reputations:
    Man somethings up with that Afterburner beta too, my voltage chart looks fine but when I bench my GPU clock sits around 1200 lol....uninstalled it and its normal again.

5. kolias

kolias Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The GE75 has mxm the 2080?

6. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    nope

kolias likes this.
  7. hydro94530

hydro94530 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Whelp this thing is a beast! It’s not super super more powerful than the 83 Titan but I’m definitely getting better frame rates and performance across the board. And the fact it like a third the size is pretty incredible! Oh and also the SSD’s are way faster than even the SSD on the Titan. Games install I’d say 3 times faster. Or at least it feels that way. But yeah I fully recommend this laptop.

ryzeki and Lunatik like this.
  8. Lunatik

Reputations:
    Its an amazing laptop, I’m in love with it.

Lurker Below and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.
  9. thefatapple

thefatapple Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    You guys are using silent fan instead of dragon center? which version of SF? I hate dragon center lol

also edit: do you guys know why intel XTU suddenly decided to grey out the CPU turbo boost option? It's currently on, but it's forced to "OFF" on the "proposed side" so it looks like if i lower my cpu voltage more (or apply any other setting), it'll toggle turbo off while the option is greyed out

10. Lunatik

Reputations:
    I’m using nothing, the fans work fine on their own and I use the coolerboost button when I want. And idk I switched to ThrottleStop and love it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    thefatapple likes this.