MSI GE75 Raider v/ full 2080

Discussion in 'MSI' started by ubelai, Jan 29, 2019.

1. donotwant

donotwant Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    so during CES, I watched a video(don't know what one) where they mentioned something about Haptic feedback on the left wrist rest area. I think it was when they were looking at the raider though its possible it was the titan, but it seemed interesting. Also its possible that was just a prototype. anyone else catch this or have more info?

Edit:
    I think I found it on this site https://gizmodo.com/msis-latest-laptops-are-smaller-sturdier-and-some-eve-1831768496

"So to help balance the “new feature” side of the equation, MSI is testing out a neat haptic feedback system on the new GE75 Raider that uses a motor installed beneath the left palm rest so you can really feel things like gunshots and explosions. It’s basically the laptop equivalent of controller rumble on consoles, and while I admit it does sound a bit gimmicky, it’s actually a nice way to add some extra spice to FPS titles that I can see expanding to more systems down the road."

don't know if its on this new batch though.

ubelai likes this.
  2. Lunatik

Lunatik Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes! Mine should arrive Friday :)

ubelai likes this.
  3. Lunatik

Reputations:
    Hey says non-max qbecause it isnt the max q. Not sure whats confusing about that lol.

4. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes I know the post was changed to be corrected by the moderator's to state the correct gpu. Thats what the "?" was for.

I am looking forward to your impressions once yours arrives.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Lunatik likes this.
  5. knibbler

knibbler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I dont mind the plastic bottom, or being a little thicker than the gs65. Its the trackpad that really bugs me. Why cant the raider have a nice trackpad like the premium gs65?

By giving a mediocre trackpad they relegate the raider to be a small dtr with which we'd probably use a mouse at a desk.

Otherwise besides fat Clevos this seems to be the best full 2080 laptop right now.

....im thinking that Samsung is taking Nvidias advice and not labelling the 2080 in the Odyssey a maxq. Its just gotta be right?

6. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I believe they don't place much attention to the touchpad in gaming laptops because you primarily use them for gaming, and thus game with a mouse. So if you had a budget of 2kdlrs to make a machine, you would spend the most in CPU/GPU/Screen and whatever is left, to the secondary stuff like the touchpad. People prefer even RGB lights on the keyboard over the touchpad etc.

I agree that this raider GE is a fantastic gaming machine still thin enough.

7. Lunatik

Reputations:
    Never used the touchpad on a gaming laptop. Disabled on first boot and never looked at again :)

Sup3rKillaX likes this.
  8. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    See what I mean ;) I mostly do the same. I disable it via FN keys, because I do use my laptop as a laptop every now and then.

Lunatik likes this.
  9. Lunatik

Reputations:
    Will have my GE75 2080 Saturday! Can’t wait!!!!

ubelai and GTVEVO like this.
  10. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    My only concern with this laptop is the potential high fan noise, I could be very wrong but didn’t the old model of this series have really loud fans when gaming? Like in the 50Db range?
    I know people are going to say just wear some headphones but that’s not a option since I have to be pretty alert taking care of someone and can’t have my ears covered when they need something.
    Overall I like it though it’s still compact enough to be pretty portable for a 17” laptop but it’s a bummer there is no Gsync.
    Why does MSI hate Gsync so much?