MSI GE75 Raider v/ full 2080

Discussion in 'MSI' started by ubelai, Jan 29, 2019.

1. donotwant

donotwant Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Could it be because of tariffs?

Peteteerapat likes this.
  2. Peteteerapat

Peteteerapat Newbie

Reputations:
    I know that i did limit my scope but it's easier to buy from an official retail store here because of the shipping and stuff. But if I was in USA I would buy the laptop from your website.

3. Peteteerapat

Peteteerapat Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I am curious to ask you guys that what's the clock speed of your laptops. I know that it says like 1380 base and 1590 as boosted but while I was running benchmarks, I used MSI Afterburner and it says my core clock speed is at 1770 and i saw 1950 at maximum. Is this normal?

4. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    It is normal. The GPU will clock upwards until it reaches any of its limits, like power or temp. When you "overclock" you simply raise the max possible clocks but not set it at a particular speed. It will always fluctuate.

5. Peteteerapat

Peteteerapat Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok Thank you for taking your time to answer. I have a friend and he was asking me about the max core clock of this gpu and I dont know that I need to tell him the 1590 Mhz or the 1950 Mhz one. Please help

Edit: I told him both.Dont bother replying this anymore ;)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Kevin@GenTechPC and ryzeki like this.
  6. MikeSabino

MikeSabino Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, I'm new here and I've recently got the GE75 RTX2080 laptop. I'm wondering any of you guys using those laptop cooling stands? Thinking something like cooler master notepal x3 and/or the opolar cooler vacuum. My concern about the cooler master is like many laptop coolers they blow air from the bottom and from what I read radiated heat from the bottom will just get pushed back with this style of cooling and thus not be very efficient, any truth to that?

And any comments on the Opolar vacuum? I live in the middle east and we basically leave the AC on all day, I dont game a lot as well as I have the PS4 for my gaming needs. I just maybe wanted to cool the laptop "better" in case I go play games on it.

Thanks

7. knibbler

knibbler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Could i please get some input from owners on the screen? Do they come with the chi me screen or the AUO?

Is lid really bendy? Delicate?

Thanks in advance!

8. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    A notebook cooler will help to move the airflow to the intake of the system therefore allowing the system to run cooler and more efficiently. But since GE75 exhaust hot air from both rear and sides therefore it's going to move the cool air but this help is limited, or you can use turbo fan. Anyhow, liquid metal would help with cooling.
    Factory paste CPU 96C, LM down to 85~89 c

Yes, it comes with Chi Mei N173HCE-G33.
    http://www.panelook.com/N173HCE-G33_Innolux_17.3_LCM_overview_37006.html

9. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The lid is flexible, but not exactly delicate. Meaning that normal usage won't cause any damage on it at all. My GT73 is also flexible and there are videos demonstrating it, yet I have no damage nor permanent bending or anything like that. In order to damage it, you would have to intentionally do it with that purpose.

10. knibbler

knibbler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks. I already sold the ge63, picked up the ge75 used luckily.

I see whay you mean about the lid. Its not bad. Kryonaut repaste has lowered temps 5 degrees. Pretty good really. Put 2 sticks of ram and its running great.
    Seems dragon center uses the speed shift bios settings. By disabling speed shift and speed step in the bios, Throttlstop is still able to use speedshift.
    For battery i set to 255.
    I wonder what else i can do besides lowering clocks to improve battery life​

ryzeki likes this.