Msi GE72 with 150w psu .

Discussion in 'MSI' started by yazan, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yazan

yazan Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi guys , i just want to ask about the new Msi GE72 , does anyone had some experience with this laptop with Nvidia 970m before ?

i was looking for a slim laptop with a good cooling , and i saw that this laptop is the best choice ( i dont know for sure )

the only problem is this laptop will come with a 150w psu , and i dont know if this power is enough , is there

any problem with this psu , do you think that it will deliver the Required power ?

and if its not , is there another powerful adapter for the same laptop ?

i think msi ge62 have the same spec , so if there anyone had the ge62 with 970m , please tell me if there is a problem or not .

thanks in advance

2. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    They would not sell it with an underpowered psu, that must be enough for it. Also the 970m is a great card, but its possible to get other good options like the Sager NP8651 or Gigabyte P35W with it.

3. yazan

yazan Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i read that gigabyte will run very very hot (is that right ? ) , and the sager looks good , but the problem is i live in dubai , so there is no sager warranty there

im really looking for a good 17" slim laptop with good cooling , do you think that msi GE72 is better choice ?

or there is something better ?

oh and about the underpowerd psu , do you remember when they sell the msi gt70 with a weak psu ?

4. Galm

Reputations:
    Hmm well for a slim 17" again you should check out Clevo (Sagers just a Clevo reseller) and see if they have any good slim 17" options. I doubt MSI would make that mistake again with a laptop. My GT60 is 180W with a 980m, which is rated for 100W. The 970m is 80W so 150W could be close but should be enough. The Gigabyte's run a bit hot, but they still work, and you can look at their 17" inch laptops as well if you want, I was just trying to give you options. If you like the Sager it is called the Clevo P650SE, and you might be able to find a reseller for it near you with that name.

5. yazan

yazan Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    thanks for reply , but i want to ask you , would you recommend me to buy a laptop without a warranty ?
    because i dont have sager warranty in my country

6. Galm

Reputations:
    No I'm telling you to look at Clevo NOT Sager. Sager is just the American Clevo seller, but other companies sell them around the world. So look for a Clevo reseller in your region that offers a warranty on the Clevo P650SE because it is EXACTLY the same as the Sager NP8651. They are the same laptop, don't get one without a warranty.

Edit: maybe XMG? They say they ship to Dubai.

7. yazan

yazan Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i just checked every website , and there is no warranty for any clevo in my country , and another thing i read a review for the msi ge62 with 970m : http://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GE62-GTX-970M-Notebook-Review.142465.0.html

and they say that the 970 will require an additional 10 W while gaming , so i dont think that there is a problem .

so what do you think ? should i wait for something ? is there any news for new laptops coming this fall ?

or this is the market right now ? and its ok if i buy it this month ?

8. Galm

Reputations:
    GPU wise there wont be new ones for a while, but cpus are coming out soon. However, I don't think the performance gains are going to be that significant.

9. IBP-Andy

IBP-Andy Company Representative

Reputations:
    Performance gain will not be significant , but efficiency will be the bigger upgrade. More battery life means more usage on the go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.