MSI GE63VR / GE73VR Raider Laptops

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by hmscott, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    A 7700HQ can not run at 3.5 ghz on all four cores. It's impossible.

Papusan likes this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Ok. Download Blender [Blender is a well suited for stress tests—Benchmarking]. + the BMW demo file. You can as well find other benchmark or stress test tool from my info page. Run HWiNFO64 + Blender as showed in the pict below. Remember put High Performance power plan in windows to stop any clock drops (ThrottleStop Speed Shift - Epp 0 work as well). Post pict and results afterwards. Thanks:)
    [​IMG]

Or just run the Aida stress test as the guide in this link. Blender is a free tool and Aida64 can be used as demo.

Edit. I can guarantee you that you won't see 3.5 GHz on all 4 cores during the tests. Will never ever happen. Only a small chance if you can raise the BCLK clock frequency. More likely you are being led/lured by the (software polling frecuency period which run too slow). Not fast enough to show real time clock speed on all cores.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Ashtrix and Falkentyne like this.
  3. Greel

Greel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    isnt the 7700hq locked? how do you explain OC'ing it to 3.5, cos its 4 core turbo is locked to 3.4

Falkentyne likes this.
  4. SkidrowSKT

SkidrowSKT Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Undervolt + Disable turbo in games that are not too CPU-Intensive = You'll get excellent temps.

5. asm1

asm1 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    As requesated:
    [​IMG]
    Yep its 3.4

6. turbo87

turbo87 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So, MC has the GE63 RGB with 8750H/1070/16GB/256GB SSD/1TB for $1500. Does anyone here now have the GE63 with the 8750H CPU. How is their thermal solution compared to AW 15R4. Trying to find out how the temps are while playing games.

I currently have the AW15R4 from BB, but am seeing very high temps and thermal throttling. I have been able to control it via TS somewhat by undevolting and reducing the CPU multiplier.

Thanks for any input.

7. erosennin

erosennin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I curerently have the MSI GE63VR (GTX 1070). I get frames of around 65-75 in ultra settings for titles like Aragami, Sleeping Dogs, PUBG, WItcher 3 etc. It stays the same in the lowest graphics settings. Is my CPU bottlenecking?

Also, I have high performance enabled in both power settings and in the Nvidia control panel.

8. maveeeee

maveeeee Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Anyone?

9. TimeToTilt

TimeToTilt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I just got the newest version of this from Microcenter today. I had trouble figuring it out, does anyone know if this laptop with the 8750H has a 1070 or 1070 maxq? Half the reviews imply it's max q, half say it specifically isn't. Anyone know how to check with the hardware physically in hand?

Also any questions?

10. Greel

Greel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    gpu-z should tell you. i ordered mine from xotic last week, theyre saying its a non-max card. i'll check when it arrives in a few weeks