MSI GE63VR / GE73VR Raider Laptops

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by hmscott, Jul 11, 2017.

1. SkidrowSKT

SkidrowSKT Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I returned my first GE63VR because the screen developed a line of dead pixels in 24 hours. Second unit has been perfect since.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Do exchange right away if you find any problems because no one wants to end up with a system that has issues which you paid with your hard-earned money.

Donald@HIDevolution and Pedro69 like this.
  3. Pedro69

Pedro69 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Where i saw that? :(:(:(

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  4. maveeeee

maveeeee Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    My GE63VR charger is wonky, I want to play on the safe side but I cannot find this thing available for purchase anywhere?
    Does anyone know where to buy a new charger??

5. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
  6. bbot3k

bbot3k Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Try requesting RMA for charger, buy a new one then return it when yours comes back.

7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    What kind of issues are you having with it? And how long have you had the system for? It is covered under a 6-month warranty.

8. Wingflame

Wingflame Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys,
    So after lots of hassle with my laptop (ge63vr 7rf), ive finally got it back from the service center. the laptop LED issue was indeed a hardware fault.
    Has anyone noticed the HDD making a noise when u tilt the laptop left or right? i notified the tech guy and he screwed up my entire laptop trying to get that fixed. (installed wrong recovery(i had completely wrong drivers that didn't work with my hardware) , replaced my WiFi chip and didn't even notify me until i manually checked and yelled at him. apparently he "forgot" to mention it when i clearly asked him why killer WiFi software wasn't working). Anyways the new HDD still has that noise issue, but its lesser than the old one. From what i know HDD's shouldn't make any noise at all.

More importantly ever since i got my laptop back , the CPU temps have gotten very high. GPU stays good at 75* but my CPU seems to go 90+ (this is with undervolting -0.100) when i'm playing games. It also seems to be very jumpy , like it'll jump from 40-60 in a second and drop, didn't have this issue before. Could anyone help me figure out what could be the issue?

Really disappointed with their "official service". I got my laptop back in a worse state than i gave it. the back sticker(where the serial number is) is all worn out like its a year old laptop. My i7 sticker in front came out, it was like someone pulled it out and put it back.

The only reason i had some things sorted was cause i had to go to the service center directly and get him to do it in front of me and "magically" the recovery worked properly , the old WiFi chip worked too.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  9. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    What service center are you talking about?

10. Wingflame

Wingflame Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh i had given it to the MSI Official service center here in UAE.