MSI GE63VR / GE73VR Raider Laptops

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by hmscott, Jul 11, 2017.

1. arenaboy007

arenaboy007 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Have any of you owners got your serviced laptop with more scuffs than before you sent it? I don't know how I should feel about my "fixed" GX63VR. They replaced the keyboard with defective LEDs, but the underside had new scuff marks. Also one funny thing to note, a sticker that has the PC Editors choice award was taken out without any explanation

2. SkidrowSKT

SkidrowSKT Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'd say it's probably because the GE63VR is hard to pry open. They've probably forced too much which made the scuff marks appear (maybe due to mild smashes)

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

arenaboy007 likes this.
  3. arenaboy007

Reputations:
    I figured. For a laptop with powerful components this compact. I guess that's bound to happen, even at the hands of official technicians. Luckily, I'll get to slap on a leather skin on this within the week.

Kevin@GenTechPC and SkidrowSKT like this.
  4. dodgehemi0

dodgehemi0 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    guys I am having issues installing windows 10 on my 960evo. For some reason in bios it will not show up as a bootable drive. Its installed in windows and formatted to the NFT and it shows up in the bios under storage devices but can not see it as a bootable device to install windows 10 on. Any help would be awesome.
    Oh I have the msi GE63vrf version it came with just an SSD m.2 no nvme stick.

5. SkidrowSKT

SkidrowSKT Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    For one: NVME SSDs are M.2 SSDs as well. M.2 can have a Sata or an NVME protocol.

If your SSD doesn't show as a bootable drive, it means you've done things wrong. As far as I know, you must set the following options:

1- Your boot drive must have a "GPT partition scheme for a UEFI computer". You can do this through rufus before burning your OS onto the drive. This will help the OS install in an NVME SSD with no errors or external drivers needed.

2- Your boot mode should be set to UEFI instead of legacy. With the UEFI boot mode, your NVME SSD will be visible during the OS installation.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

6. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    What version of Windows 10 are you installing? Make sure to do what SkidrowSKT said and check the BIOS.
    Also, when you boot from USB flash drive be sure to select UEFI: Name of USB flash drive in case you see both UEFI & Legacy.

SkidrowSKT likes this.
  7. arenaboy007

Reputations:
    Anyone successfully tried undervolting their 1070 in their 63VR? I set 1860MHz on 881mv and the performance suffers severly :(

8. spaceghost33

spaceghost33 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey ,
    I have to replace my display on my Ge63 raider 001. It has a
    "Chi Mei N156HHE-GA1"
    But I can only find
    "Innolux N156HHE-GA1"
    Is there a Difference between the two ?

2nd question :
    There's a 4k display version of this same laptop that's not available in the US region , Does anyone have one? Or know the Display model number ? Also , could I use the 4k display from the overseas ge63 raider on my U.S Ge63 ?

9. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    This is a duplicate post. I answered at http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...or-the-msi-rep-2.795226/page-54#post-10694211

The N156HHE-GA1 screens are the same.

The 4K screen is the LG LP156UD1-SPB1 - see http://www.panelook.com/LP156UD1-SPB1_LG Display_15.6_LCM_overview_26868.html. You will need a different LCD cable if you want to switch to 4K.

Are you sure you want to go to 4K? It is much slower, and presents a tiny image for web browsing, and business productivity applications. Most gamers do not find it preferable because FPS, refresh rate and response times are all slower.

10. gnarkill283

gnarkill283 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I might be getting my third ge73vr. Just wanted to know how many others here needed to return their notebooks or am I the only one with such bad luck.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.