MSI GE63VR / GE73VR Raider Laptops

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by hmscott, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Backpacker604

Backpacker604 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well I keep getting an error. Says wrong image format type Error 11. I have the most recent bios on my usb drive

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  2. thattechgirl_viv

thattechgirl_viv Company Representative

Reputations:
    Make sure you are downloading the correct BIOS version for your system. Also, make sure to unzip the file after downloading it.

3. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    You will need to place the files on the root directory of your USB flash drive but not under any subfolders.

4. Backpacker604

Reputations:
    I appreciate the advice given but none of this is working. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Not that it matters but I am going to do a fresh installation and I was hoping to make a practice run so I don't mess it up when it counts.

5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Could you record video of what you had done? That should allow us to better assist you.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  6. Backpacker604

Reputations:
    I somehow doubt that can happen. I will google and see if I can figure it out on my own. Clearly it's' user error.

7. Backpacker604

Reputations:
    @Kevin@GenTechPC

Well I fixed the problem. Did a fresh instal, flashed the bios. I don't think I was able to clear out all of Defender though as there were a couple entries\ in autouns that I was unable to access. Not quite sure what I will do to rid that crap out of the system, but at least I fully understand the process now. Thanks to everyone for their help so far.

Next up I will attempt to undervolt.......

EDIT: cleared out defender, why it worked this time and not last is anyone's guess, but getting there through trial and error I guess

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  8. bbot3k

bbot3k Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Someone who reads the forum!

Backpacker604 likes this.
  9. chadkamei

chadkamei Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi everyone. Can anyone please help me with this error? One of my friend MSI laptop bought 2 days ago have windows update error. The error says
    "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x8024402f)"
    After troubleshooting, There was another error and it says
    "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (wpad.domain.name) is not responding"
    I have tried re installing windows. updated drivers. Flushed DNS. Still windows update does not work.
    Even downloading games in steam is problematic. for 4-5 Seconds it will download with high speed and then drops to 0kbps. (this was fixed editing DNS), And sometimes opening sites in google chrome takes few seconds
    My friend is using Wifi connected to a router. Not ethernet. Wifi adapter name is intel dual band wireless ac- 3168.
    Is this a router problem?

10. SkidrowSKT

SkidrowSKT Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Most likely connectivity issues with the Intel card. Have you tried installing the driver which comes with the laptop?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk