MSI GE63VR / GE73VR Raider Laptops

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by hmscott, Jul 11, 2017.

1. SkidrowSKT

SkidrowSKT Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Microstuttering is fixed by keeping the Nvidia Control panel opened with the green logo preview.
    FPS drops? Downgrade the dGPU driver, earlier versions are usually more stable.

hmscott likes this.
  2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Microstutter is hardware limitation associated with this technology since signal has to be pass-thru.
    Using an external monitor through mDP connector is probably the only way to get better experience.

3. D3vilmak3r

D3vilmak3r Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I recently bought a MSI GE73VR after booting for few times. On idle, the temperatures are 42-52 degrees. Ambient Temperature is 32 degrees. Is it normal? Ps. Everything is updated.

Secondly, I also have a trackpad issue. If I hold my finger there after clicking, the cursor will automatically move towards the end of the screen. ( Any direction randomly )

4. SkidrowSKT

Reputations:
    Undervolt your CPU to have less temps. Also, is it 32 degrees Celcius? That's too much.

hmscott likes this.
  5. bbot3k

bbot3k Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    lol wtf your ambient temp is 32 C? how can you game in that kind of weather? if ambient is 32 C then 42-52 C idle sounds about right.

hmscott likes this.
  6. D3vilmak3r

D3vilmak3r Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, I live in Malaysia. So, its normal for me lol

7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    The temperature is fine as long as it's not exceeding 90 degrees Celsius, use it fully.
    Are you using the stock driver? Or updated one? See below.
    http://download.msi.com/nb_drivers/..._Win10__Signed__msi_19.3.4.193_0x38d51817.zip

hmscott and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  8. OCP15K

OCP15K Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    micro stuttering and all FPS issues solved with adding another stick of ram.

9. antonydizzz

antonydizzz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys!
    I really cant decide what laptop to buy. Im choosing between ge73vr and gt73evr with 1070. The only thing Im really scared is throttling. I don't mind if it's 90 C or too loud. I really don't want to buy GT because of its size, but I know there is no throttling problems. But GE looks amazing and it has enough power for me, but I've read some reviews and it throttled in some games. What do you think ? Usually, I don't play very heavy games like witcher 3, there are only 3 games I play, overwatch, pubg and path of exile. Will i face a throttling problem in these games ? What would you recomend ? Thank you in advance.

10. SkidrowSKT

Reputations:
    Most of the cases where the GE73VR throttles is when the CPU isn't undervolted. I'd still suggest the GE for the massive difference in size. The GT however has both a 120Hz screen and G-Sync. If you're more of a gamer than a person who moves a lot, you'd rather not get an Optimus laptop (it's a pain in the arse, I already see people in this thread regretting buying the GE because of Optimus).

hmscott likes this.