MSI GE63VR / GE73VR Raider Laptops

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by hmscott, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Wingflame

Wingflame Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hm so a few people seem to have the same issue. i wonder why . yea the green is literally like disable illumination. the msi rep replied back
    Hello TheWingflame .,

Please contact your local service center for servicing of your laptop.

Best Regards,
    MSI Notebook Technical Application Department

i will do a msi factory reset today and see if that helps ( highly doubt it will ) . then i will send it to a service center and give you guys an update for it.

Seems like they keyboard they are making are either cheaply made cause the colors are not right. (pure white is purplish) . some key colors are a little off as other keys as how linuser mentioned, i have that as well or they software driving them has issues.

2. Linuser

Linuser Newbie

Reputations:
    I will try a few more things to fix my keyboard light, but maybe the leds on those two keys are already dying (after a few weeks of usage)

What a shame from MSI, overall this laptop feels a little bit too cheap for its price and brand reputation... Some time ago there was an offer for the GT62VR with 6700HQ and 1070, which was also a little bit cheaper than the raider... This would have been a better deal!:/

3. Wingflame

Wingflame Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yep , just did a factory reset, nothing changed. For the "master" reset. idk if u tried the initial solution the msi rep gave me . which was resetting ec (if u see the backpanel , there is a small hole with a symbol) you can insert a paperclip and press the button to reset it(just make sure to connect the ac adapter after that to turn it on, it wont turn on with battery). He then said to install the latest steelseries driver, though that solution didnt fix it for me. i think thats about as close as you get to master resetting it.

Tomorrow i will send this laptop to the service center and see what the solution is. i'll update you guys once i know!

4. gh0stx

gh0stx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It sems like the new one coming later this year will have thunderbolt 3 and probably 6 cores? RGB at the back was another one too. From CES 2018

5. Pulcscall

Pulcscall Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey, can anyone help me on this issue? A weird noise is coming, (like the fans are hitting something?) when I only open a game. How can I solve this? Is there a solution without sending this to warranty?
    Here is a video I uploaded for it:

6. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Fan noise, you can loosen the housing a little bit to see if it helps.

7. chadkamei

chadkamei Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have MSI GE73 and im from Bangalore.
    I play CSGO too, almost everyday. Asus ROG seems pretty good with 144Hz and PCIe SSD for CSGO. But no idea how the temperature will be when you start playing AAA games because of the small and slim form factor and less ventilation( 4 ventilation on GE73) . i guarantee you, it will be high. BF1, BF4 and all triple AAA games temperature stays below 85C. Below 80C with max fans(undervolted CPU), No AC in room.
    REMEMBER 7700HQ is not a good cpu for CSGO, Other AAA games perform very well. The game does not take full advantages of all cores. You wont get full constant 300fps.
    So i advise you to wait for the next 8th Gen CPU for both brand.

8. bbot3k

bbot3k Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Lol

hmscott likes this.
  9. chadkamei

chadkamei Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yea seems absurd for non CSGO players. But CSGO players expect a constant 300fps with few fps dips around 250 for gtx 1070 and i7.
    Some people play with lower resolution to get more FPS. 200fps is all we need for buttery smooth movement. You can also see in-game default value in CSGO console for FPS is fps_max 300
    So yea seems funny but its like that

10. macmyc

macmyc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Are you sure it's coming from the fans? Is the game on a HDD or SSD?