MSI Drivers Team - Atrocious

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Phoenix, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sk3tch

sk3tch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes. "Why not both?" is what I say. For work I use a 13" MacBook Pro and when I travel for business I bring my GS65 along with it. Hence why I want thin and light. Tried doing the 5.5lbs+ laptop thing (alongside the work laptop) and it was miserable.

For all of MSI's driver management faults, I would say they have been pretty dang good with BIOS updates to address issues.

2. heliada

heliada Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't understand why everyone keeps on praising windows 7... yeah in the end stage it was decent but I was there when it first came out, before SP1 and I remember clearly that I bricked it completely at least 3 times by installing some drivers/updates or software on my old compaq laptop (piece of crap which overheated over 100 degrees playing wow)... I had problems with phantom icons on desktop that were impossible to delete (since they did not exist on the hdd lol), I had to use the restore points at least once every month for some update OR driver related issue.... But truth be told, I "only" had to reinstall completely like once in the 3 years the laptop was in the house. And the result of that? Way too high cpu/ram usage, several minutes to boot etc. And there were no viruses on it, simply old files from crap drivers, software, leftover registry, broken updates etc.
    I'd say any OS is as good as the driver team screwing it up behind the scenes as well as your bad luck getting the wrong windows updates. My old asus laptop ran on 2012-2015 drivers the entire time through windows 8, 8.1 and finally windows 10 (up to 2017) and I never saw any driver issues like I did with both my MSI laptops. It's sad.

3. User32

User32 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Because Windows 10 has a godawful UI, forced updates, """""telemetry"""""" (which Win7 also has) and above all: no alt-tab to desktop.

Phoenix likes this.
  4. heliada

Reputations:
    I'd say UI is a matter of taste (and I like it when set to dark scheme), forced updates can be avoided by disabling windows update in services even on home version and manually turning it on when you want (if you want) and alt-tab to desktop is sth I never used as I use the small tab in right bottom corner to access desktop... also I there is a shortcut for it (win-D) even if you don't use touchpad... on the msi it can be accessed with 3-finger swipe to the bottom. I also hated some updates on my android phones that changed the look of icons/menus etc, but in the end I just lived with it? And yeah, my samsung was forced updated to latest android, pissed me off for about exactly 2 days.
    PS. with windows 10, the good thing is that when you do run windows update, you only get the latest cumulative update to install which is usually pretty quick. Not a few hundred updates like with win 7 (reason why I never really bothered to do a clean install unless absolutely necessary) ^^

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Falkentyne likes this.
  5. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Not correct.

Check the Windows 10 thread and I challenge anyone saying Win10 is great. Use Simplix Pack for Win7 and it will work without any garbage bloatware updates. Micro$haft added this cumulative trash to kill Win7 and 8.x with their forced updates and telemetry. Running Win8.1 since 2013, "Zero" issues except a couple of problems with the OS itself, crippled Physics score and a few here and there. Nothing showstopper like Windows 10 where you don't see the damn power control or gimped battery management. The UWP system is borked, killing off the Win32 ecosystem which means Throttlestop will sometime in the future stop working said by Unclewebb check TS thread, due to Windows moving away from the Win32. And Classic Shell developer said the same thing for the Win32.

M$ cannot kill it due to the Enterprise infrastructure, most of the legacy or old applications cannot give UWP the same power as Win32. This is WaaS model which is an aASS model spreading the virus to the Games, New GaaS - EA (No intro needed I suppose, Ubisoft, Bethesda (Fallout 76 and Creation Club), PSN, XBoxLive (killed Halo for this garbage, due to MAU - Monthly Active Users based revenue system), The more % of people accept this abomination called Windows 10 and M$ products (Office 3 year cadence update system, major release + 10Yr support + to aaS model, forcing Office 2019 to work only on Windows10, 5 month support), it gets easier for M$ to control the world more. They stripped off Search and baked into Cortana, increasing Xbox services integration to the Windows essential components, DISM removal causes instability if you start removing too much and make it normal, the Solution - Use LTSB version of Windows 10, which is a true version of Windows 7.

About Android and Google, the worst is yet to come. The progenitor of this B$ phenomenon of Operating System dark age that Mr Fox mentioned & the User Interface change is Apple corp & the future is going to be worsened into oblivion by the 2020 Intel project of BIOS EOL. Windows 10 is make to shackle the lives of power users and forced Alpha OS - 6 Months EOL per release and 18 Mo max updates. i.e unless you run LTSB you are SOL, even with LTSB its EOL since Nvidia driver mess, and so many game related needs, It's broken by design, made for data mining and draconian agenda and this BIOS EOL will greatly assist them, for massive control castrations to the machines with more robust UEFI BIOSes by these oligarch corporations.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018 at 7:32 PM
  6. heliada

Reputations:
    Wow man you are contradicting yourself. Windows 10 stock is garbage but you need windows 7 simplix pack to be happy? Never heard of it but I am sure as hell it has nothing to do with windows 7 in its baby days when it just got out. For hells's sake, windows 7 these days even stock has no more feature updates etc which means it will not get screwed up majorly anymore by attempted feature updates. Back in the day when it still got regular updates, those also got corrupted, refused to install, bricked the OS and caused bootloops, driver issues etc. I am not saying windows 10 is amazing and flawless but if you say windows 7 has always been a decent OS then you are very very wrong. Microsoft screwed up back then just as it does now, I owned windows 7 machines since windows 7 came out, in fact my very first laptop ran windows 7 and it was not always nice.
    Yeah maybe windows 10 needs tweaks to run decent, maybe 32 bit systems are dead (I reckon people cried when DOS systems went to hell as well, same as when windows xp got nuked from support list). Just move on, do the necessary tweaks to send out as little info to microsteal as possible and live your life. No OS is good. They are all horrible and pathetic for different reasons imo, but life is too short to care about it way too much. One day we will all be monitored by implanted chips anyway, might not be for the next few hundred years but if people don't kill each other then, it will happen. Then there will be no choice but to sheep up and live or join the dark side. But I guess it sounds like scifi, so do whatever makes you happy if you think you can make a difference.

praetorianx, sk3tch and Phoenix like this.
  7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    No M$ OS has been screwed as Win X. Now two times a year. Don't put Win 7 in this premium league @Mr. Fox :rolleyes:

Vasudev and Ashtrix like this.
  8. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Lol Simplix pack is for avoiding the M$ new forced telemetry trash and be up-to date with the Win7 installation (It is still updated, until January 2020) consider it as Slipstreaming features, not to remove crap like Win10 real bloat, like Cortana, Xbox, Store etc.. and tons of Telemetry which obv is waste of time because after one update it all comes back.

Feature updates of Windows 10 vs Win7 lack of feature updates. I guess LTSB is for losers then, guess all the Enterprises and power users are ..:rolleyes::oops: & Surrendering ourselves for something that's gonna happen in the future, that's not going to have a positive result nor helps anyone.

We should remember how the Ngreedia GTX 970 CLA fiasco, Apple latest CLA on Battery throttle + Butterfly KB flaw. Oh the famous Ngreedia clockblock - NBR favorite topic, all of these wouldn't have been resolved, if they have been not put out in front of people & how can we forget another NBR fav MSI GPU upgrade fiasco.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018 at 7:42 PM
    Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  9. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    This thread is - I don't even know what it's about anymore. Closed.

Charles

Vasudev likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.