MSI 16L13 (Eurocom Tornado F5) Fan Modifications

Discussion in 'MSI' started by alaskajoel, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Jan Prochnica

Jan Prochnica Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok, have some pics:

Inside:
    [​IMG]

Smile :)
    [​IMG]

It's by no means perfect, but so far I'm pretty satisfied with it

jaug1337, aaronne and alaskajoel like this.
  2. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    Will it fit my msi ms-1762?

3. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    My GPU fan died a while back, got a replacement for that and bought this recommended pair of ADDA fans back then but never installed them.

Fast forward to now, the CPU fan died. Decided to switch the working fan to the CPU and install the ADDA GPU fan. It's working fantastically!

One thing I will say is if you cut the connector and wire length off the old stock fan you don't have to worry about reversing the wires for the plug when you solder since the wire colors match up with the stock fan connector wires. Plus it gives you a decent wire length extension since you can cut the wire as long as possible.

I bought the G750 pair (cpu + gpu fan) so I have the smaller ADDA CPU fan from the G750. I've decided not to use that and ordered two more ADDA GPU fans for good measure and I'll install one of those when they arrive on the CPU side.

Awesome stuff. Thanks @alaskajoel

EDIT: I did notice my heatpipe configuration on my EVOC looks different from some other people's heat pipe config. Did this change along the way on this model? Is it 1070 vs 1080?

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 10:35 AM