*** MSI 16L13 (Eurocom Tornado F5)/EVOC 16L-G-1080 15.6" Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Diversion, Oct 14, 2016.

1. SpacemanSpiff46

SpacemanSpiff46 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I did get in touch with him, he said that if this a Eurocom Tornado F5 (which it is) he recommends that I get in touch with Eurocom support in order to fix it.

I am thinking maybe that the fix does not work with Windows 7.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  2. Huniken

Huniken Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Why do you keep using Windows 7?

SpacemanSpiff46 likes this.
  3. NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I still like windows 7 but due driver and other motherboard company lack of support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vasudev likes this.
  4. SpacemanSpiff46

SpacemanSpiff46 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I used 10 for a couple of months but it caused me some headaches that I did not have with W7. Things like my joystick software not working correctly when I play Elite, the automatic forced restarts with updates, automatic driver updates, backgroud tasks taking up resources when I was playing MWO that made my framerate drop to a crawl. Things like that. I am sure that most of those issues have been resolved at this point, and there are new ways to block W10 from doing the things it does, but when I have not had issues with W7 (and I was dual booting at the time), it was easier to continue with 7 and not lose my mind.

Also, everytime one of the major W10 updates comes out, I see posts saying something broke along the way. I will make the move to W10 eventually, but I would rather wait until I hear less complaints. And I do realize that mostly the vocal minority are the ones who complain and have issues.

Vasudev, hmscott and NIGHTMARE like this.
  5. Skylake_

Skylake_ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Today I received the replacement fan: because it's completely similar to the original, but more silent, I hope it will last longer :)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  6. matyee

matyee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi guys, what are your idle temps for cpu/gpu. Eg everyday browsing (no fullhd YT). i have 50 for cpu and 60 for gpu which seems very strange... I have repasted everything some weeks ago...

7. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    60 for GPU? If you have the Nvidia control panel set to "maximum performance", that will cause that, because the GPU won't downclock when idle.

Huniken and Vasudev like this.
  8. matyee

Reputations:
    Bingo!
    Bingo! Thanks a lot, that was the problem. Unfortunately the high temps, when both cpu+gpu are working on 100% still not solved, I could not do anything but underclocking for acceptable temps.

9. Skylake_

Skylake_ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    29°C the CPU / 34°C the GPU while surfing internet (Ambient temperature: 21°C)... As cold as my previous desktop PC :D
    If i keep Nvidia board on "max performance" the GPU rises up to +10°C, so I prefer to keep it on "optimal performance" and then tell which program I want to run at max performance.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    hmscott and Vasudev like this.
  10. matyee

Reputations:
    Thanks, seems really good temp! Falkentyne advise was great, not the gpu sits around 38-39C, which resulted the cpu temps go down to 42-45C. The full gpu+cpu problem for still exist, I could manage only with downclock. For general games which is optimized correctly 4,5Ghz is not even a problam with acceptable temps.

Vasudev likes this.