*** MSI 16L13 (Eurocom Tornado F5)/EVOC 16L-G-1080 15.6" Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Diversion, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    From what I remember, both i7-7700K & i7-6700K have exactly same die size (122 mm²). But the Heat Spreader on Skylake is a bit thicker. See also the Bitspower Skylake variants who is designed for both Intel Skylake & Kabylake CPU.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    UsmanKhan likes this.
  2. Diversion

Diversion Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I didn't know this.. Unfortunately I don't have my 6700K lid or cpu (Sold it off already!).. Is buying the Bitspower IHS directly from Bitspower website the way to go or is there an USA distributor with them?

3. Papusan

Reputations:
    Here we go. Don't forget lapping:)

UsmanKhan, dspboys and Diversion like this.
  4. Diversion

Diversion Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks friend! Ordered it from there just now! Hopefully that will serve me well!

UsmanKhan, aaronne and Papusan like this.
  5. shadejedi

shadejedi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks guys for your help. Cavell's suggestion worked. Apparently BIOS reset the sata mode from AHCI to Intel's option, and made the drives unreadable. Switched it back and all is good now. Thank you!

cavell219, Huniken and Papusan like this.
  6. VVoody

VVoody Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ah, if only I'd checked this thread when I was also struggling with the same issue...

Ah well. :)

Does anyone know the way to fix the "Fall Creator's update and new Nvidia Drivers switch off laptop screen backlight" problem? I can't currently travel with this laptop, which is a big problem.

7. cavell219

cavell219 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Glad to hear it worked.

8. cavell219

cavell219 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This has been an issue with Nvidia updates on my 4k screen since August. Which screen are you using?

The only fixes I know of are to revert drivers. I have not tried the creators update yet myself.

9. Huniken

Huniken Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    OK this might be a bit of a rant, not sure if this is against the rules but hey, I need to let this one out.

I'm facing a very strange bug, on boot up with a cold start in the morning after like 6-7 hours of needed sleep, the screen is black but only I can see the mouse pointer moving around the screen, usually I do a hard reset of the laptop to restart it again then it just works fine.

This is very annoying to me especially since this machine is brand new less than a year old, very expensive and it has some really STRANGE bugs.....first 120hz screens had those brightness issues, then CPU fans dying, now this strange bug at cold start first thing in the morning.....sometimes and only SOMETIMES I come back from grocery shopping and the screen is black, not even mouse pointer is present, laptop still working fine, clicking mouse or keyboard key bashing doesn't yield any response, have to hard reset it. It irks me, but I also can't deny how great the performance of this laptop is, it's like having a beautiful wife/girlfriend but she just likes to bother you and tease you to unspecified limits....

End of rant.

10. Papusan

Reputations:
    I expect you use Windoze 10:D Have you tried disable Fast Startup if you have this ****y enabled? It's well known this feature trash can screw up. As well Tested with other display drivers to see if the same happen? See also https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/black-screen-on-windows-10-issue-how-to-fix.html

Huniken and Robbo99999 like this.