*** MSI 16L13 (Eurocom Tornado F5)/EVOC 16L-G-1080 15.6" Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Diversion, Oct 14, 2016.

1. syscrusher

syscrusher Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Exactly the same symptoms I had, first on my CPU fan and then the GPU fan a few weeks later. HID Evolution replaced both fans (one at a time, since they didn't fail together) under warranty for me.

FWIW, I suggest you initiate the replacement order ASAP. In spite of HID Evolution's efforts, MSI was not speedy about shipping my GPU fan to me. If a lot of people are having the same problem, parts may be in short supply. I'd like to hope someone at MSI is leaning hard on Aavid to get this QA problem fixed upstream.

For me, the on-off oscillation lasted a few days, then the fan failed to zero.

2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    ^ This.

When I had my MSI GT73VR, the GPU fan was failing. I called MSI and had to beg them to just order the fans and ship them to me, rather than me sending the machine back to them at my expense. I didn't think they would process the order, but lo and behold, several weeks later, the part showed up at my door. Of course, this was after I managed to track down a replacement on fleBay that I ended up paying way too much for (though it was still cheaper than shipping the computer to MSI, let alone the time I would have been without it).

UsmanKhan and Robbo99999 like this.
  3. CuttingEdge_

CuttingEdge_ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think so. You can try little bit undervolting maybe but I have no experience in that. Some of guys at the forum published that they made undervolting. So you can check that.
    CMOS resetting is the way if nothing work out.

hfm likes this.
  4. leftsenseless

leftsenseless Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The 1070 and 1080 have very different thermal maximums in notebooks. I wouldn't compare the two directly. I can easily coax 90 C out of my book. I rarely see temps over 80 C because I control all settings around my book. It isn't abnormal for the 1080 to rise to these temps in this smaller shell though.

UsmanKhan and hfm like this.
  5. shawnrichman

shawnrichman Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok, so now a change of events.

I played around and now I have it booting up just fine on an external monitor.

I am showing only 16 out of 32 gb of RAM. not reading one of the slots, the upper one.

Still cant get the screen to work, even when system is working good on external monitor.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  6. leftsenseless

leftsenseless Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Did you remove and reseat all ram? Have you checked all connections for the screen? Shine a flash light on your notebook screen, is there an image on the screen at all? If there is then it may be that your book isn't playing well with the gpu driver.

7. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    It looks like the hotkey software for Windows 10 has been pulled from Eurocom's website. Does this package include the system control manager portion as well? Will an updated version be uploaded soon? @Eurocom Support

Lunatics likes this.
  8. Lunatics

Lunatics Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    They have removed all of their drivers from their website and there hasn't been anything there for the past couple months, unless they added some back and I missed it. I know you should be able to use the MSI websites drivers for the GT72 or something and those drivers should work for the 16L13. I also have a flash drive from HID with all of the drivers on it, when I get home I could always upload a specific one if you need it. I do not believe the hotkey software and SCM are included in 1 driver, they are 2 separate drivers IIRC.

9. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    I have the drivers disc as well, so I guess I'll just use that. All the other drivers are available from Eurocom here, and you can get the hotkey software for Windows 7/8.1, but the W10 version is missing.

10. UsmanKhan

UsmanKhan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    this laptop seems like a steal at this price!. man, so tempted to exchange my tornado for this new 8700k eurocom laptop. definetly my next laptop unless eurocom releases 8700k in tornado chassis.
    http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(2,431,0)SkyX4C