*** MSI 16L13 (Eurocom Tornado F5)/EVOC 16L-G-1080 15.6" Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Diversion, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I almost bought this deal as a back up/parts laptop. Hell I could have sold the 970m for $350-400 making it an very very good deal for a tinker bench.

Excellent deal you got, welcome to the club. In the mean time you should flash or get that vBIOS unlocked. Push the 970m to her limits since you have the cooling capability.

Where did you get a 1060 for so cheap?

2. UsmanKhan

UsmanKhan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    nice deal!, where did u got 1060? its new? even desktop gpu is expensive lol great purchase. also mind telling where you got de-lid guard? i searched amazon/ebay but didnt find any.

3. Eurocom Support

Eurocom Support Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes, we are working on Tornado F7 - it will be Coffee Lake platform with 6-core CPUs. Regarding 7700K please check with sales@eurocom.com for details.

hmscott, iunlock, sicily428 and 2 others like this.
  4. keftih

keftih Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Wow, Coffeelake? You guys sure plan super far ahead. 6 cores! :eek: I would love to see the cooling in that beast to be able to cool a ~120W CPU.

5. Diversion

Diversion Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Talk about planning ahead.. that's not going to be released for another year.

Papusan likes this.
  6. birdyhands

birdyhands Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey @Eurocom Support when will the bios update be released again? Also is the cooler boost button on the laptop the fastest the fan can go, or is there possibly higher rpms that it can spin at? I wouldn't mind the extra noise for extra cooling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. KasperA

KasperA Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yeah. But the thing is, if it's snatched in customs, I'll have to pay +25% of the total amount in sales tax (plus some minor custom and handling fees) - and then it's suddenly not such a good deal anymore. That's why I'm looking to buy it from somewhere within the EU.

8. SpacemanSpiff46

SpacemanSpiff46 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm playing catch up with the thread but wanted to get some updates out to you all in case any one else is has the same questions.

Since I am running Windows 7 I am probably in the minority but maybe someone else can benefit.

For Soundblaster Cinema 3 I was able to use the same method posted in the thread already (Install the Realtek drivers off the disk and immediately afterwards (without a restart!!) install the Soundblaster Cinema 3 drivers, also from the disk. (Thank you!)

However, if I run SBC3 then my GPU clocks jump to their load clocks (1443mhz core 2000mhz memory) and remain there without boosting under load or downclocking at idle. If I start my computer and don't run SBC3 but leave the icon alone in the taskbar then my clocks act normally (downclocking at idle and boosting under load). But I don't know if I am reaping the benefits of SBC3 since I have not actually launched the program, but the icon is still present in the taskbar.

Also, regarding M2's and their heat issues, I have not had a temp over 55C on Windows 7 even when moving large files (Doom 2016) from an external HDD onto the M2 drive. I have both M2 slots occuppied with Samsung EVO 500 Gigs but I have NOT installed NVME drivers. I think if you want cooler temps and can do without NVME then thats the way to go but again, this may just be my experience with Windows 7 as opposed to 10.

9. boozzer

boozzer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    my dream laptop right now is 7700k + 1070 + 17 inch 1080p between 1600-1800 usd. make it happen please. hell I am willing to forgo the 7700k for a 7700 if I need to to stay in the price range. 200-300 premium for a size increase + bigger screen should be fair?

10. UsmanKhan

UsmanKhan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    well tbh tornado is perfectly size, also they have other laptops that offer 17inch and can be upgraded to 7700k.