*** MSI 16L13 (Eurocom Tornado F5)/EVOC 16L-G-1080 15.6" Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Diversion, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Etzubasa

Etzubasa Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everyone do you think is it possible to upgrade the cpu with i7 8700k?
    PS: I apologize in advance for my bad english.

2. Rahego

Rahego Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    yes its possible.

3. Etzubasa

Etzubasa Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Rahego thanks for the reply, do you know what are the steps to follow for updating to 8700k?
    Forgive my ignorance about it.
    Please could someone explain to me how to upgrade from i7 7700k to 8700k ?

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  4. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Papusan and Etzubasa like this.
  5. Alex Etrel

Alex Etrel Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, I have MSI MS-16L1. My laptop has a dsanke BIOS. 9700K processor, NVIDIA Quadro P5000 graphics card, VBIOS 86.04.3a.00.15. I tried to connect an external DELL P2314H monitor using the “Lenovo Mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort” cable, but the monitor is not receiving a signal! Please tell me why “Mini-DisplayPort” does not work ?!

6. FrozenLord

FrozenLord Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey there,

I have recently started looking into the different drivers available for this device and am struggling finding an up to date Realtek audio driver.
    Some Realtek drivers simply refuse to install, while others install just fine but will (seemingly) not be able to use the integrated subwoofer.
    When I uninstall the Realtek drivers and simply let Windows install the best default driver, I end up with two audio devices:
    - one being the two speakers on the top (left and right)
    - one being the subwoofer

The only driver which (seemingly) works fine, is the very old one hosted by Eurocom.
    But that one is quite dated - version 6.0.1.7841 from 03.06.2016.
    Is there any newer version that is compatible with the subwoofer and the speakers?
    Or is there a known way how to mod newer drivers to address the speakers as well as the integrated subwoofer?

Thank you for any hints or ideas :)

7. deathwingbg

deathwingbg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did someone actually tried the water-cooling on the Tornado F5 with GTX1070??? Some temps/benchmarks will be nice. Sorry but got lost in the thread about dozen of pages after page 1063.
    [​IMG]

I know @Huniken was trying hard to mod it for the 1080, but sounds like mission impossible.

Have the crazy idea to do a ghetto water-cooling with this mold + fountain pump+ big bottle of distilled water + 360 radiator (Eventually) + put 9700k and unlock the GTX1070 to 200W. Just to revive this hell of a 4 year old terminator.

8. Dreambrother

Dreambrother Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi all,

I'm still running the original Tornado F5. I've run into an issue that hopefully I can get sorted out. I bought 2 sticks of RAM (16GB total) to upgrade my single 8GB chip. When I installed both new sticks, the laptop powers on but all I get is a black screen. Both memory sticks work individually, but not together. Whats weird is that if I install one new stick and the old, it works and confirmed it shows 16GB. What could be the problem? The new memory doesn't seem to work dual channel. Or better yet, if someone can recommend some working 16GB memory :)

Link to memory:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QMMZ79V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  9. IllusiveMan

IllusiveMan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sometimes in MSI this could mean some issue with BIOS (i.e. saw issues with something similar but for all 4 dimm slots, where could be used only 2 of any 4 slots, 3 or 4 never worked unless BIOS was reflashed).

10. Donald@zTecpc

Donald@zTecpc Company Representative

Reputations:
    Don't try the lesser expensive RAM for this model. Look for Kingston HyperX, G.SKILL Ripjaws, XPG Flame, Team T-Force Vulcan or Night Hawk, Corsair Vengeance, or Crucial Ballistix