*** MSI 16L13 (Eurocom Tornado F5)/EVOC 16L-G-1080 15.6" Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Diversion, Oct 14, 2016.

1. smzmz

smzmz Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm looking to replace the battery in my Eurocom Tornado F5. It's served me well but the battery is clearly on its last legs, as being unplugged for more than a few minutes causes it to shut down immediately. I did a cursory search of this thread and didn't find the answer to the following questions, so any help would be appreciated:

Is the battery something I can replace myself? How involved would it be? Judging from a few comments, it sounds like it would basically involve a simple unplugging to detach the old and plug in / reattach the new one... is that about right? Would I be able to buy the battery direct from Eurocom, or should I source it elsewhere?

2. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    you can buy it on eBay
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...cat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=msi+gt62

Huniken likes this.
  3. UsmanKhan

UsmanKhan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hey guys, iam an old f5 user been ~3 years using this now. so far it is working great aside from fans and battery.
    But just yesterday my hdmi stop working. its not sending any signal atall. laptop wont detect anything connected to hdmi.
    i have tried different monitor/ cables. even thunderbolt/miniDP to hdmi converter and i get nothing. i even installed fresh new windows/drivers. i dont have issue when using miniDP to DVI though.

Will appreciate if someone has any insight, thanks.

4. YFJF

YFJF Newbie

Reputations:
    hi guys, i have been using this F5 for over 2 years and one thing i like the most that it is relatively light and cool (even under high loads)..
    I have tried for dual/triple boot with ubuntu and fedora/linux-mint/elementaryOS, but recently tried with hackintosh as well..
    Some parts are not working for hackintosh, such as wifi, continuity, handoff, and the most important thing is the display backlight..
    The backlight is working, but not properly (I can't adjust the intensity).. As a temporary solution, I have been using Brightness Slider app from AppStore to do the trick..
    I also found out that the built-in display (in my case is FHD IPS 60Hz) is recognized as external display via display port..
    So, I am wondering if anyone also has the same experience and how to make it internal?

5. UsmanKhan

Reputations:
    hi, i have use this laptop as hackintosh for about 1 year, unfortunately the issues you mentioned are not fixed as far as iknow.
    for wifi it will not work you need to get a broadcom or any other compatible m.2, iam running BCM4352 which is around 30$? atleast when i bought it. continuity should work as far as i remember.
    about the backlight issue, i started a thread over hackintosh forums, we tried alot of fixes including acpi hacks but none worked. it remained an issue for until sept 2018. iam not aware about any progress after that time tho.

6. YFJF

YFJF Newbie

Reputations:
    thanks so much for your reply and info.. finally found someone with similar parts for hackintosh, so i know now it is because of the hardware.. i will change the wifi for sure later..
    as the last effort for the backlight issue, i actually tried this method from here: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...ightness-control-nvidia-graphics-only-laptop/ , but it is still not working, so maybe i should just keep using the app then..
    anyway, i hope your hdmi problem can be solved soon.. it's so strange that happens (even with the converter)..

7. UsmanKhan

Reputations:
    i remember trying that, did not work for me. tho i will want to try again if drivers ever release for catalina.
    yea thanks, pretty weird issue, its like graphics card not detecting any signal if source is hdmi. tho its working fine on displayport so its not that big of a deal for me.

8. jason3

jason3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone else playing Gears 5 at the moment. I'm getting very unstable FPS (even at 1080p on high settings) and it's crashig quite a bit. (Graphics driver stops responding). I've seen people having the same kind of crashes over at the GeForce forums (I have the GTX 1080 model by the way).

Anyone else has this issue ?

9. jason3

jason3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'll reply myself here lol. The issue was the broken fan. Once replaced the game works like a charm ! :D

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  10. Huniken

Huniken Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What CPU are you running in your laptop?