*** MSI 16L13 (Eurocom Tornado F5)/EVOC 16L-G-1080 15.6" Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Diversion, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Yeah, temp can increase a bit with the bottom mod. But why not buy the original fans again? Use the Asus fans you use now as spare parts.

2. Huniken

Huniken Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well......I like to save on money...besides I still have that Chinese water heat sink to fiddle with, I need to make an adjustment plate to go on GPU and Heatsink to benefit from the water cooling method, same on CPU side to adjust a little but on height difference if needed, at the end I might need to elevate the back-cover with a plastic riser printed via a PLA 3D printer. I'm sure it is possible but the time is a bit tight as well money flow isn't so good recently.

Papusan likes this.
  3. skyFox90

skyFox90 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just an update, my 4k display eith dsanke bios not working, so you was a lucky guy eheh

4. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    maybe the issue with the 40pin 4k display? Talon's 120hz works as well, right?

5. skyFox90

Reputations:
    I don’t know about Talon 120 hz, my priority is 4k because i work with graphic software.. however guys, if someone know how to fix that problem or some other 4k display just let me know! :)

6. qwerty8224

qwerty8224 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @skyFox90
    work very good dsanke bios

Attached Files:

7. skyFox90

Reputations:
    Ye i know that the samsung 4k display is working.. BUT if you compare with the 4k Panel AUO-B156ZAN02.3 is another world.. this working only with nvidia drivers 388.77 (february 2018) very super quality display..

8. Huniken

Reputations:
    Papusan I feel like an Idiot.

I never played using max fans!!! I forgot about the powerful option to cool the laptop. Just for a quick pain free mod, I used silver tape on the bottom holes leaving a ting gap for air intake, cranked the fans to max and voila!

Now I will test it while gaming Assassin's Creed Odyssey again and report back any findings.

Attached Files:

9. Huniken

Reputations:
    Update, so underload the PCH with max fans only hit 77c. That's a HUGE difference. Disregard the GPU temp, after drivers update I forgot to Re-Apply the voltage limit.

Attached Files:

10. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Guys,
    Could you help me what options I need to set in bios for good overclock? I have dsanke bios, and with alt cntrl shift f2 I can open the hidden menus in bios :) In my desktop my cpu runs 4,7Ghz @1,1V (1,083v), in the F5, even with 1,15V it crashes. In desktop I used LLC7, I have no idea if there is any options in bois what I use inappropriate way. Thx

Huniken likes this.