*** MSI 16L13 (Eurocom Tornado F5)/EVOC 16L-G-1080 15.6" Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Diversion, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    What about Boot Sequence? What do you see in there?

2. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not unfortunately... for me the 120hz is enough, I have never really liked v-g sync...

3. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Guys, the clevo 751TM1-G has 144hz IPS screen, however it has 40pin edp cable. Can it be assembled here? Maybe with cable change? I would test it out, however the chimei's colors are very close to the LG 144hz what I have had im my 751tm1...

Talon likes this.
  4. mikethebos

mikethebos Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  5. Alex Etrel

Alex Etrel Newbie

Reputations:
    hmscott likes this.
  6. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It doesn't but it has a very high response time, even faster than the AUO panel and has excellent colors and viewing angles. It looks very IPS like he said. The AUO is brighter but the ChiMei is still bright and very acceptable for gaming.

I'm still holding out hope that next week's patch from nvidia will enable variable refresh rate on our laptops to test since we don't have optimus and that is what they use for "g-sync" on laptops anyways.

I also ordered a 40pin EDP cable for my F5 so I can order a 144hz G-Sync panel if necessary to test as I'm not sure the Chi Mei supports VRR.

matyee likes this.
  7. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I cannot wait your test result :) for g-sync I have doubts, as I have a Clevo 775tm1, which was assembled with ChiMei 120hz panel. After I have replaced with 144hz IPS gsync, I still has no gsync... maybe I need to update the 1080 vbios? gsync is still a mistery for me :)

Talon likes this.
  8. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Had to replace a failed GPU fan on my F5 after 2.5ish years of loyal service one finally failed me.

Replacement fan looks the same but is slightly different model # and it spins at 4700RPM instead of 3700-3800RPM of stock fan. It's spinning so fast at full tilt I can feel my chassis vibrating. Although I actually sink it's the asynchronous vibrations of the fans moving at different speeds. I may need to replace the other fan as well so they sync up. Reminds me of flying a small prop multi engine and not syncing the props.

9. rancid

rancid Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've done extensive testing with this and have pictures comparing it against other heat spreaders. Bottom line, stock intel is the best. I actually found the Rockit cool gave me worse heat dissipation because it retained too much heat. If the F5 had stronger fans I think it would have done better.

Search this thread for more info from me.

10. rancid

rancid Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What is the part #, I have a 40pin EDP and could possibly try it out to see.