*** MSI 16L13 (Eurocom Tornado F5)/EVOC 16L-G-1080 15.6" Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Diversion, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Any_Key

Any_Key Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    About 12 years ago I bought a CyberPower PC desktop where I got a bad set of RAM, where the memtest encountered so many errors that it eventually just stopped counting the errors and added a "+" symbol. After a quick call with customer support they sent out a new set of sticks (with the caveat that they would charge me if they didn't receive the bad sticks back after a set amount of days).

No new updates on my Fangbook4, still waiting. Still has a ship date of 11/25.

2. KasperA

KasperA Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Seems like the 15" Fangbook 4 with the Nvidia 1070 is out of stock at Cyberpower right now. I hope it comes back in time for Black Friday, as that's what I had my eye on.

3. KasperA

KasperA Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just emailed them, and it seems it won't be back in stock until January - with no Black Friday deal. Very disappointing.

Does anyone know whether it's the only barebones option in Europe? It doesn't seem like Eurocom have a European reseller, and the import duties would probably make it not worthwhile.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  4. TJC38

TJC38 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Why not consider the Tornado F5 from Eurocom? It's significantly cheaper through them (especially with a student discount) and although I'm having issues with mine (I seem to be the only one who got a bad one) everyone else is in love with theirs. So far, my customer service experience with @Eurocom Support has been great. I've responded back and forth 20 times through email and always got very thorough, detailed responses. I just sent it back for RMA service and I'll let you all know how that goes. There's not a lot of Eurocom customer service feedback on the internet it seems.

Sincerely,

Terrell J. Cheeks

Papusan likes this.
  5. KasperA

KasperA Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I am. But like I mentioned, I'm in Europe, and if Eurocom don't have a reseller over here, I'll have to order it from the US and run the risk of having to pay import duty and sales tax (+ 25% of the total price including shipping) - and then it's suddenly not-so-cheap.

Plus the added problems of having to ship it back over the Atlantic if something goes wrong and I have to send it back for service.

6. TJC38

TJC38 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ahh. Sorry didn't see the 2nd post. You are right that would be a pain. So in Europe, everything bought from out of country has a 25% import tax paid by the consumer?

7. KasperA

KasperA Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm in Denmark. If I buy from within the European Union, there'll be no additional fees added (but the seller has to either add local sales tax or Danish sales tax (25%) if his sales to Denmark exceed a certain amount/year).

If I buy from outside the EU, the 25% sales tax MIGHT be added along with a smaller import duty fee. The customs officers can't process all the packages coming into the country, so it's done by "random" sampling - and sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes not.

8. birdyhands

birdyhands Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone know if the Black Friday sale would be a larger amount off than the student discount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Any_Key

Any_Key Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Huh, I ordered mine during the Veteran's day sale (you can see a few pages back with all the extra's/freebies I got). Although that might explain why I haven't seen any movement on my laptop. That's mildly disappointing.

10. AngryScott

AngryScott Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I think I remember @Eurocom Support mentioning earlier in the thread that they had a European re-seller and had advised someone else to get in touch with their sales team for more info.

It's a shame Cyberpower have ran out of stock, I was lucky to get mine with an early Black Friday discount about a month ago.