MSI 1070 in Alienware 17 R1 Ranger SUCCESS!!!!

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 and M17x' started by loafer987, Nov 5, 2016.

1. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Most of us don't want the spectre/meltdown update as it costs 11 percent performance. I'm sticking with v22 on my own machine.

Ghost 350, jaybee83 and Ashtrix like this.
  2. RYUZAKI L

RYUZAKI L Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, I'm new here in the forum notebookreview and first of all I apologize for my English more or less .. is that in fact I am fluent even in Google Translate !! kkkk .. Reading here all the comments for a few months, I finally created the courage to upgrade my Alienware 17 R1 laptop with a GTX 1070 MXM 3.0 .. then I followed the following procedures that have been described here and there in the forum ..

-I bought a 120 Hz 3D lcd screen and the EDP Cable

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-FHD-17-...h=item33c099def1:g:uNQAAOSw6ShZVQpt:rk:6:pf:0

-I bought a Modified Heat Sink

https://www.ebay.com/itm/All-copper...h=item3ae7543473:g:AfMAAOSwmuVafDUN:rk:2:pf:0

-I unlocked my BIOS with a BIOS A14 +
    -Then I installed the video card and it seemed to connect normally, however I can not install the video drivers !!

Could someone please kindly assist me by providing me a Modified GTX 1070 Driver ?? I still have not learned how to do this !! I would be very grateful for any help !!

https://imgur.com/a/b8UrkjT

I further add that when I received the GTX 1070 MXM 3.0 video card my laptop connected normally, no problem, so I downloaded the alleged GTX 1070 drivers on the EUROCOM website, but none seemed to recognize the graphics card even though it is recognized in the laptop's BIOS! So reading a little more of the forum comments I took the video card to a friend who has a technical assistance and asked him to record the VBIOS MSI_N17E-G2_86.04.31.00.0C NON-GSYNC with an EPRON Recorder but when we make backing up of the original V-BIOS the file looked much bigger "512KB" !! But we still decided to write the new V-BIOS MSI_N17E-G2_86.04.31.00.0C "253KB" because we believed we did the Driver not recognize the graphics card because of the V-BIOS, so after installing the new V-BIOS MSI I can connect the laptop but gave some image distortions so after reinstalling the operating system it seemed to work normal but the result of the drivers were the same and did not recognize the graphics card so I was a little apprehensive as to the difference in size of the original file to the new V-BIOS MSI_N17E-G2_86.04.31.00.0C I was in doubt if at the end of everything I should bother again my friend to go back to the original V-BIOS that came in the Graphic Card !! What do you think I should to make, I should to return to the original V-BIOS "512KB" or I remain with the new V-BIOS MSI "253KB" ?? Although the image distortion soon after recording the new V-BIOS MSI "256KB" after reinstalling the Operating System seemed to work normal as before, however it does not install the video driver as it did with the first Original V-BIOS !!

https://imgur.com/a/JqC1pOC

3. RYUZAKI L

Reputations:
    Remembering that I'm no expert in hardware I'm doing all this as an adventure in search of the unknown !! But I'm willing to learn new things ..

woodzstack likes this.
  4. TheReciever

Reputations:
    You have to Mod the inf file in the driver. @j95 is I think one person who publishes modded drivers on premas website.

After that you should be good to go

woodzstack and RYUZAKI L like this.
  5. RYUZAKI L

Reputations:

Please, How do I get in touch with him ??

woodzstack likes this.
  6. RYUZAKI L

Reputations:

I mean, how do I talk to him ??

woodzstack likes this.
  7. TheReciever

Reputations:
    Google search premamod website I think they publish the driver for many laptops, the Ranger included.

I'm not sure if new members can send private messages.

I'm at work at the moment so I can't post links directly off the top of my head. Worst comes to worst you can contact @woodzstack as he also is able to Mod the file. He has a discord server as well if I recall correctly.

RYUZAKI L likes this.
  8. RYUZAKI L

Reputations:
    [QUOTE = "TheReciever, post: 10846986, member: 483062"] Você tem que modificar o arquivo inf no driver. [USER = 462874] @ j95 [/ USER] é uma pessoa que publica drivers modded no site premas.

Depois disso, você deve ser bom para ir [/ QUOTE]
    Okay .. I'll try to talk to him too .. thanks a lot for your help !!

woodzstack likes this.
  9. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    Thanks for the mention.

It's simple really, if you did the mods on the chassis, then disable DSE and run the modified driver as admin next login (when DSE is disabled). Just make sure to mod the driver correctly.

Now, if I help you with the install, and you did not buy from me, it makes me feel sort of like being used. My time is valuable as well, and I can not guarantee anything about this 1070 you bought because I know nothing about it.

For instance if I knew where you got it, maybe I would know the vbios installed, the hardware ID etc... and perhaps I could also just simply walk you through it if it was a partner, but say you bought the card from China - I'm not going out of my way to help, these Chinese sellers are scammers in the end, almost always, from my personal experience, and I'm tired of having to deal with thier messes.

Anyways give us your hardware ID's reported in device manager when the card is installed physically, we can start from that.

bennyg and Ashtrix like this.
  10. TheReciever

Reputations:
    Gotcha, I'll be more measured when I mention you. But I do think that the drivers are pre modded and ready for down load on premas website. I just can't post links on mobile it for some reason doesn't let me on this website while on mobile.