MSFS 2020 Coming soon August

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by JRE84, Jul 14, 2020.

1. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Now I have been gaming for 31 years and this game has been around for ages pushing the limits of what computers are capable of, and this game deserves a thread of it's own. I took a gander at the videos showcasing the game and yes it looks that good maybe even photorealistic. So to be more reticent check out these videos, absolutely stunning.

The good the bad and the ugly:

The GOOD : If you don't have the cash to buy it but have game pass, yes it's available on game pass
    The BAD : NO Vr support of the bat, but it was not the focal point
    The UGLY : Requirements are steep min rx 570/gtx 970 (recommended rtx 2080/ssd/32gb ram)

This game will eventually support vr so it's a must buy for me, and if your curious about vr and have 400 kicking around. I highly recommend the Oculus Quest, as it has a resoulltion exactly the same as the valve index as well as OLED displays for great colors and blacks, and although the refreshrate is only 80 vs 144 you will not notice motion sickness unless your gaming for over 4 hours, as I have done 3 hour game sessions and felt perfectly fine and my eyes are sensitive. If you have 1000 kicking around and dont like the idea of wireless vr the valve index is the best of the best granted you have a rtx 2070 or better. Also

DO NOT JUDGE VR WITH YOUTUBE VIDEOS

It is nothing like the videos, they are unable to show the expereince in a manner that would allow you too see it as more than a gimmick.

As for MSFS 2020 this is going to be an exciting day mid august, as we will finally see what the rtx 2080 is capable of and we might even see photo realism granted the videos on youtube are not doctored..

thoughts and opinions below, as this is a forum Not a giant FAQ

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    It will not have VR support on release.

JRE84 likes this.
  3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    ok I updated the good the bad the ugly and will continue updating it, I really don't see and negatives like nothing...but the learning curve might be steep

4. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Apparently no headtracking also, which kinda sucks. No VR is a non-issue for me personally as I am more interested in tubeliners and the way such jets are flown is not ideal for VR. Though I am interested in bushflying as well, so VR would be the best way to experience it, but as long as I have DCS World, I can enjoy it there.

Will probably grab Standard Edition, which still costs 70 Euros... The rest I will save up on future addons (and that A320 gear), as I have a suspicion that i.e. A320neo won't be as detailed systems wise as Aerosoft A320 for P3D, and far cry from FSLabs A320...
    Wonder how long will it be until high quality tubeliners will come out for the 2020? PMDG is already working on their NG, so I guess it will come out sooner than A320 by FSLabs...

JRE84 likes this.
  5. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I had a friend that was a bush pilot RIP...but yeah feel free to share what you know!

Do you think the game will look as good as the videos and what current games support VR (flying)

6. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Downloading now

7. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    No helicopters either

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

JRE84 likes this.
  8. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Yeah, that's a real bummer for rotorheads :(

hacktrix2006 and JRE84 like this.
  9. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    never heard of a flight sim having helicopters but ok. I guess thats a downer. I sure hope we can do ultra textures with a 1060 gtx 970

10. killkenny1

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

X-Plane, previous MSFS versions, DCS World.