Mr. Fox's GeForce 345.20 Desktop Driver Mod for Alienware and Clevo Mobile GPUs

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Mr. Fox, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j95

j95 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hours later, guess what...:D
    10642_3DMark.PNG

2. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    Do share.... I didn't understand your previous message about the "PM.. Gone"... I was looking in my inbox..?
    But if you're found a non throttling solution I'm all ears :)
    Please explain.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    Mr. Fox likes this.
  3. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah don't see the point of not sharing..

Mr. Fox likes this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Maybe @j95 wants to confirm it is a real fix before sharing, and maybe he wants to be careful about posting things that Alienware or NVIDIA can use to re-screw us down the road. In other words, it's harder for them to interfere if they don't know what is being done to sidestep their crippling shenanigans. We already know that ManuelG is trolling our forums and Tech|Inferno. We don't know what he is doing with the intelligence that is gathered. We can only assume it's not honorable.

I am all for sharing, but it might make good sense to taking the sharing underground on something like this (where tweaks are circumventing driver stupidity) and only sharing by PM with people you know are not spies from NVIDIA or Alienware. At least for a while keep it on the down low among an exclusive group of well-established and known trustworthy forum members that have machines which suffer from cripple tactics so that NVIDIA and Alienware have no information to work with other than seeing the code has been broken and crippled machines are finally working as they should. Those that have machines that function correctly with 980M (i.e. some Clevo models) don't need to know the fix. They have nothing that needs fixing.

joluke, B4n6k3, j95 and 2 others like this.
  5. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    aside from the clockblocked vbios, but prema already took care of that :cool:

j95 likes this.
  6. j95

j95 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Exactly, no hints whatsoever...Gaming & GPU intensive applications throttling is gone, unlike clock blocked v347.52 occasionally dropping 1113 MHz. Serious OCing I was able to achieve 12880 graphics, better than many scores out there without any throttling/core & memory fluctuations, IINM even @Mr. Fox's best M18xr2 results core was still fluctuating? This works but it needs to be applied differently for the so called bad days when OCing (3), even those it won't throttle like before, meaning gaming without any FPS drops/ stuttering. Clearly this was meant/intended not work with previous AWs, which is extremely complicated to achieve without messing with everyone else.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    Mr. Fox and joluke like this.
  7. mitya_alba

mitya_alba Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Mr. Fox, can do the mod. driver 349.65 Desktop for Alienware?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    Mr. Fox likes this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I don't know. That's the Windows 10 WDDM 2.0 driver. I don't have Windows 10 on any systems any more, and I am not convinced it's worth the "free" upgrade. Micro$haft is still way off the mark and it's not as good as Windows 7. I tested Windows 10 for a while, got really bored and was quite disgusted with what a pile of crap OS it is. I'm not sure the driver is structured the same as far as INF is concerned because I haven't recognized a need to look at it yet. Maybe @j95 has already taken a peek at it. If not, maybe I will look at it this weekend for you.

ajc9988 and mitya_alba like this.
  9. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    349.65 sounds like a total lemon from comments I've read.

10. mitya_alba

mitya_alba Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I use Windows 10, for me it is a very good OS. I will be very grateful, if you make a mod for 349.65. Thank you Mr. Fox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.