Mr. Fox's GeForce 345.20 Desktop Driver Mod for Alienware and Clevo Mobile GPUs

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Mr. Fox, Feb 25, 2015.

1. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    If you lowered clocks good good enough and it still shuts off then probably it is another problem. Create a topic or search for help in official GT780 owners thread.

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    There could be a lot of things. If it is shutting off when the GPU is not fully loaded and running at max speed, it is probably not the AC adapter. It could also be something with the system BIOS if that model was never sold with the GPU in question. Especially so if MSI does nonsense in the BIOS to block aftermarket upgrades.

3. cristian jhon

cristian jhon Newbie

Reputations:
    This makes sens, so next try will be whit a moddified bios...

4. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    There were people successful with MSI GT783 and 675M GPU so as long as you have the latest BIOS you don't need anything to do with it. Of course you could take a pencil's erazer and clean contacts of GPU. Or check temperature of GPU. Or test another AC unit because mine is 180W, not 150W.

Of course you also can flash vBIOS of 570M which will kill your GPU but at least you won't have that random shutdown :vbrolleyes: What if previous fried GPU somehow damaged motherboard?

5. cristian jhon

cristian jhon Newbie

Reputations:
    I posted on 9 forums, including tomshardware(there was no answear) This forum and an Romanian Softpedia forum were the best answears.

I already flashed gtx570m VbIos worked whitout problem.
    I think MOBO is damaged, but anyway I send the GPU back to china :)

6. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I saw response on MSI forum few weeks ago that 675m worked good on battery but connecting AC made loud sparkling sounds and Win10 screen of hardware malfunction.

7. cristian jhon

cristian jhon Newbie

Reputations:
  8. kaitokid1412

kaitokid1412 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello can someone help me with my alienware 18 780M not sli.. im using the updated nvidia 376.33 version but i got stuck current clock 405mhz and memory clock 400mhz.. my all temp are all good but it just stucked with that current clock but when i change my driver to 345.20 mod driver that mr. fox made it working perfectly i tried all the nvidia driver no luck :( why is that happen? i hope someone got fix this thank you all --- i also change the setting the power prefer performance in nvidia control panel

Aroc and Papusan like this.
  9. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Maybe join the T|I forum and see if you can get help https://www.techinferno.com/index.p...t-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf/&page=64

10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I do not know that there is a good solution except for using antique drivers. These last two that I modded were the last two that allowed 780M SLI to function correctly. It seems like NVIDIA has pretty much just blown off all Kepler owners, and Maxwell will likely follow soon now that Pascal is out. They don't care, unfortunately. They know about it and have never lifted a finger to fix it.

Aroc likes this.