Mr. Fox's GeForce 344.75 Desktop Driver Mod for 780M, 880M and 980M Mobile GPUs

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Welcome:) You could search in the forum for Nvidia drivers This one is the latest.

Or take a look into the T|I forum for help.

2. Pawer

Pawer Newbie

Reputations:
    thank you for the quick reply.
    I am able to get the newest driver, I am also able to to get a driver dating back to may 2016...
    But as I have read, my gpu just gets slower and slower, I then read about Mr. Fox's modded driver and start to wonder if that was a way to go. Maybe clocking.
    I just got my laptop back from a major repair, entire chassis changed, monitor and backpanel replaced too. Nasty drop out of bagpack but fully insured.

usually it was win 10 with latest nvidia driver.... bad performance!
    Today it is win 8.1 with nvidia 347.88. good benchmark results, but some hickups in some games. Generally it can run games, more than before, but for some reason fallout 4 now fails to run properly.

I only got it back yesterday, today I will do alot of tests and try different drivers.

Papusan likes this.
  3. Papusan

Reputations:
    You're welcome:vbthumbsup: Do all testing finished before you (if you switch over to newest Windoze X build). Remember you should use DDU in safe mode to remove old drivers before you install (test) new graphics drivers. Follow the Guide in the link. Good luck

4. Pawer

Pawer Newbie

Reputations:
    thank. yes.. familiar with ddu.
    ah... long day ahead.

Papusan likes this.
  5. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    people still using these drivers ? They're 3 years old LOLOL.. guys, seriously, upgrade from windows 7. Your like those people who just stopped using XP last year... or windows 98 the year before...

Aroc and Phoenix like this.
  6. Pawer

Pawer Newbie

Reputations:
    Papusan thank you for your time.

Okay.... Laptop finally came back from the shop, graphiccard has been replaced. sadly still a 880. But it works.
    From the store they have updated the driver to the latest which just plummets the benchmarkscores. I have now installed an earlier driver 368.81 which gives 40% higher score than the latest...
    So myth definitly confirmed.
    Now... are there modded drivers that will be absolutely perfect for my gpu? I probably have to acknowledge never to update via nvidia again.

woodstack. very constructive...

Papusan likes this.
  7. Papusan

Reputations:
    Thanks. All good.
    I would talk with @j95 here or in T|I forum regarding what graphics drivers you should try. He is probably the best bet. Also I suggest you could change paste and use high quality Thermal pads.

Edit. See also this regarding 880M
    Maybe ask Q for good suggestions in this thread as well.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Pawer likes this.
  8. Pawer

Pawer Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you. I will try and contact him.
    What do you mean by thermal paste AND pads?
    The problem is not heating. it maintains the temp just fine.. its more software. I dont know that many ways to test a system, but I've been using Passmarks performance test, the category 3D results in approx 5300 with older drivers. With the latest driver it drops to 3600-3800. thats a huge gap.
    I have noticed in some games that the frames just dont hold up as they used to. Have testet it in games I previously have run just fine. f.ex Battlefield 4, when I got the laptop I played everything on ultra no drops. Today I have to go on high settings, with drops.
    Same story with Fallout 4 and Vermintide.

Papusan likes this.
  9. Papusan

Reputations:
    You only know the temp on the core!! Not the entire components on the graphics PCB. Better thermal pads will at least make sure the cooling on vrm, vram will be best possible. The overall temp will be better with high end thermal paste and pads.

Passmark bench tests isn't the best out there. Better go for Games, 3DM suite, 3DM11, 3DM Vantage, Heaven benchmark test for your testing. Good luck.

10. Pawer

Pawer Newbie

Reputations:
    That is ofcourse true. I'm gonna go read up a bit on cooling down other parts on the pcb with pads.. thx for the suggestion.

Papusan likes this.