Mr. Fox's GeForce 344.75 Desktop Driver Mod for 780M, 880M and 980M Mobile GPUs

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I no longer provide current support for Alienware products and no longer own any Alienware systems to test with.

My recommendation is to use @j95 driver mods at this time. This driver mod from j95 is your best bet for newer games, but those with 780M SLI may continue to have bad performance due to unexplained throttling problems.

2. Botxander

Botxander Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey

I have a GTX 780m on an Alienware M17xr3 Windows 7.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-questions-concerns.722670/page-4#post9324676
    ^ I followed that to get it fixed

I am trying to update my graphics card to 372.70 so I can play Battlefield 1. As it is I have no idea how to mod it so I can update. Your update for 344.75 is working wonders for me. I did some research and tried to find a modded update for it and simply couldn't. Whenever I try to update it normally Nvidia installer doesn't recognize it my driver (as I expected) so I was wondering how I could go about updating.

3. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Join the T|I forum https://www.techinferno.com/index.p...t-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf/&page=56

4. GodlikeRU

GodlikeRU Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I've installed newest 372.70 to play Battlefield 1 Open Beta and they work really good. One need to force SLI BF4 profile to get it working in BF1 open beta.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. Botxander

Botxander Newbie

Reputations:
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  6. szumial

szumial Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone!

I'm new to the topic, but found the forums to be useful while assembling a modded Precision M6700 - a CPU upgrade and GPU replacement. The GPU thing seems to be a bit tricky though. As the unit fits my MXM slot I thought it'd be easy, yet turns out I can't get the drivers to install properly. Followed some instructions, tried modding INF files, finally brought me to @Mr Fox's method with desktop drivers. However, it still seems that the laptop is not within it's full potential. Does anybody have any experience with GeForce GTX 880m under the hood of a Precision series laptop or am I the first to try that config?

7. ashknani

ashknani Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have an 880m do i need to disable DSE in order for this to work and what is DSE anyway ?

8. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing' cmd (Admin) bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers

Mr. Fox and GodlikeRU like this.
  9. GodlikeRU

GodlikeRU Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You need to do it only while installing drivers. You can re-enable it later after installation if it bothers you.

10. elcrazy93

elcrazy93 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    this is probably old but what is the best thermal pad layout for these gtx 880m cards on alienware m1x r2? I cant seem to get it right for the life of me. they both over heat and I'm using the best stuff out there. (grizzly cryonaught)