MP3 quality

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by quesoyyo, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quesoyyo

quesoyyo Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Is the MP3 quality supposed to get worse the more often you play it? This happens to some of my MP3, especially to lower bit ones. They#168;music kind of shakes.

------------------------------------------------
    You are learning all your life and you die stupid.

2. Quikster

Quikster Notebook Deity NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I've never heard of that happening, I have some mp3s I've listend to for several years with no degredation of sound. I'm not sure why yours are decaying unless you downloaded them and there is something wrong with them, but if you ripped them yourself they should play fine.

zx5000 :: 2.4M :: 512 DDR :: 40gb 4200 RPM HD :: 15.4" :: Radeon 9600 Mobilty M10 :: Aquamark3 21,862

3. Slat

Slat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    <blockquote id='quote'>quote:<hr height='1' noshade id='quote'>Originally posted by Quikster

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  4. Air

Air Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Probably a sound card or mini-plug issue. That or your mp3 player/program like winamp is corrupted or your cpu is being hogged by something else.

5. Big Calhoun

Big Calhoun Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    MP3s don't degrade because it's data. Unlike a cassette tape where an actual signal is recorded and the tape medium can degrade, MP3s are just reading back and interpreting data that should only change when you make an actual change to the recording.

In my experiences, I've found 'choppy' sound usually results when you don't have enough system resources or if your system is very busy. SO if you don't have enough memory or are running too many applications for the memory you have, you can get choppy sound. Pops or clicks in the recording can be a problem with your speakers, your headset plug, or come from a bad rip of the original sound source. If you're recording MP3s to a CD and getting pops and clicks, this can usually be remedied by recording the CD in Disk At Once (DAO) mode.

Unless you're using a old laptop, your problem is probably relating to not having enough system resources and/or heavy file-swapping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.