Moving to NYC - where to live?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AmazingGracePlayer, Jun 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    In NYC, you'll be every bit the pauper as the average maid. If it makes you feel any better, you'll probably be working harder to achieve that status. :vbwink:

HTWingNut and ajkula66 like this.
  2. AmazingGracePlayer

AmazingGracePlayer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There is no down playing of anything. Maids on average make less than me. That's a verifiable fact. There will always be a maid who makes more than me. There will always be a ___ who makes more than me. But so what? Is the liberty to feel offended on behalf of someone else a constitutional right? If so you've fully exercised it.

If you want to add any value to the world, educate me - if you had to make a comparison of more and less, what would you say without having to "downplay" the less?

3. ajkula66

ajkula66 Courage and Consequence

Reputations:
    I've added quite a bit of value to this world over the course of my lifetime and would have few regrets if I were to die five minutes from now. That's not what is being discussed here.

As for educating you, I've brought up a point which I believe to be valid but went right above your head for whatever reason. So in that respect I've failed miserably.

There was no need for making a statement of that nature to begin with, IMO. Stating that you could afford $2500 with some wiggle room for monthly rent would've been enough for the purposes of this thread.

My crystal ball says that you're in for both a major attitude adjustment and a rude awakening once you actually start living in NYC, but it's been wrong before and will most certainly be wrong again.

But, as I've stated before: this is your thread. And on that note I'm out of it.

4. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

*OP asks a fairly simple question*
    *gets various posts about random crap, everything except the answer he was looking for*

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!!!111111!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!11111111111!!!!!!!

OP, your best bet to get an answer is to write 2.0 a PM or wait until he blesses us with a visit.

5. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I guess if nothing else, the moral of the story is -if you're going to ask and expect, ask nicely. :D

ajkula66 likes this.
  6. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Man.. I'm getting pretty good at killing threads. :D

7. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Oh c'mon, judging by how NBR is lately I would say you are capable of more :D.

8. AmazingGracePlayer

AmazingGracePlayer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Good riddance, good bye maid!

Who's 2.0? I got some helpful info from the first responder via PM. I know this is OT and didn't expect it to stay on track that much. Oh well, at least I got something out of it.

9. killkenny1

Reputations:
    He's a person living in NYC who might be able to help you with your question.

10. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    ajkula66 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.