Moving from Windows 7 to MacOS

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by 3g6, Dec 2, 2018.

1. cdoublejj

cdoublejj Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    you will need to have hardware and chipset known to work with macos if using non apple hardware. it also lacks Vulkan so 3D is limited. at least until vulkan to metal to gets more mature.

EDIT: yeah if you aren't doing sony vega or magix or adobe suite linux could be a possibility.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    Starlight5 likes this.
  2. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'd get vmware + macos (from somewhere I can't post link to) first. Give it a try first, i'd suggest.

3. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  4. undervolter0x0309

Reputations:
    TH
    That is one trippy gif

Starlight5 likes this.
  5. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I would just take the same hardware, install windows 10 and have a vastly superior system. :p

Starlight5 likes this.
  6. undervolter0x0309

Reputations:
    Dude, that hardware throttles and is overpriced. For i9, i'd look at eluktronics model for $1500 and still have a decent touchpad (Windows precision) with upgradability.

The other laptop is Surface Book 2 which trounces over the macbook pro in so many ways than one. Wait till CES 2019 before you pull the trigger to see what's upon us this year.

Starlight5 likes this.
  7. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I meant take the hardware you were going to use as a hackintosh. screw apple mac hardware, that's only good for looking like a tosser at starbucks.

surface book 2 is awesome besides the hinge. I don't like the hinge.

undervolter0x0309 and Starlight5 like this.
  8. cdoublejj

cdoublejj Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i know you're teasing but, been there done that! oddly enough i have 11-12+ old first generation intel dual core MBP 1,1 with 2gb of ddr2 (max will not boot with more) a used intel ssd and a slighter newer and elss worn out fans and it runs 10 like a champ! and my Dell M1330 with dual 4gb sticks of ddr2 so dimms and T9400 or is it T9500 runs Lubuntu! it's tiresome culling back windows 10 BS and spyware when ubuntu and to similar degree osx can run all the same games as windows unless you less you a 10 year old kid who plays fortnight or CoD or battlefield.

another interesting bit is, out of my 530 steam games it looks like ubuntu supports no less than about 210+ of those games natively not including proton or wine. OSX is similar or not tooo far behind it's been awhile since i've checked. after all these years windows, linux and osx are the same thing to me.

yeah some of the surface books are nice and that's one plus of 10 it copes well on a few x86 tablets i have! not that's i'd ever use them for more than google chrome. idk how or what i'd use them for, maybe someone can set me straight there.

Riley Martin likes this.
  9. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Hello, here I go again

Reputations:
  10. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Are you comparing Windows phone and Windows 10 devices to advances in the PC market space? If so, that is a really poor comparison to since MS stopped development on Windows 10 Mobile back in 4Q 2017, but Windows 10 on the personal computer and laptop trudges on - http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-10-news-and-announcements.826887/

This goes the same for the epic fail of the iPhone XR/XS release not meeting Apple predictions, which would not have much bearing on development of OSX on MacBooks or other Macs in general.

https://www.iol.co.za/business-repo...ng-staff-after-selling-fewer-iphones-18852987

https://variety.com/2018/digital/news/apple-stock-drop-iphone-xr-production-cutback-1203019673/

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    Riley Martin and Papusan like this.