Moving from Windows 7 to MacOS

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by 3g6, Dec 2, 2018.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Keep gulping down the apple flavored koolaid buddy! You are the guy who thinks apple are the ONLY computer to use a "high quality screen". Figures!

Ultra Male likes this.
  2. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    This is a whole lot of koolaid and using false equivalence doesn't make it support the comment anymore then falsehoods. What I see them doing more is doubling their price they charge. What one misses you can shrink chipset so far and start to reach the technology abyss.

Starlight5 and kojack like this.
  3. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yep, the kool aid runs thick in fantasy Apple land.

4. 3g6

3g6 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    But it is so obvious Apple chip is so much speedier. This 15W Broadwell Intel chip closing a window lags a little and struggling other areas. How many W an Apple Iphone X chip?

5. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

Reputations:
    But-but-but, you don't even have windows on iOS! Drawing conclusions on hardware performance from comparing snappiness of mobile OS which was developed with much slower hardware in mind and optimized to run on single particular architecture with mainstream desktop OS is not what I'd call reasonable.

6. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It's like comparing apples to automobiles. There is no similarities between the two.

7. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Oh, another thing kool aid kid, I see my reflection in my son's macbook, just as I do in my dell. Good luck, try again.

8. asm1

asm1 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Or, you could try Linux... I use Linux Mint 19.1 for everything except games.

cdoublejj likes this.
  9. RampantGorilla

RampantGorilla Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Please don't compare the speed of an Intel CPU and an Apple CPU based on UI responsiveness. Here is a better comparison: https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/9vtl1u/i_tested_ffmpeg_on_iphone_x_ipad_air_2_note_8_and/

Bear in mind that Apple's CPUs use a crazy amount of power when under load: https://www.anandtech.com/show/13392/the-iphone-xs-xs-max-review-unveiling-the-silicon-secrets/4

A single Vortex core (SPEC2006 is a single threaded workload) can consume anywhere between 3 - 4.5W depending on which SPEC task that it is performing. This means that the two Vortex cores running full tilt @ 2.4 GHz would need 9 W! This is not including the power demands of the GPU, the small power efficient cores, the NPU etc.

10. 3g6

3g6 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I compare them because I use them near each other and the bigger machine which should be stronger is bugging my eyes. MacOS why not be optimized for Intel chips?