Moving from Windows 7 to MacOS

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by 3g6, Dec 2, 2018.

1. 3g6

3g6 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks! I have been using it for about two weeks and I can do my everyday things. I can even continue my iMovie video edits from iPhone, adding some extra effects on Mac. The one bugging thing is MacBook Air is slower than iPhone X. My iMovie slideshow is butterfly smooth on Iphone and struggling on Mac?

2. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Understandable, the macbook air is not a powerful notebook, the iPhone is a powerful phone, which has optimised software, everything will be like butter on the phone, and choppy on the laptop.

3. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    That does not count, since.....APPLE. That argument only stands up when it's a windows based pc with a glossy screen. further more to our kool aid drinker up there, touch is much faster doing a multitude of things, and more accurate when you include stylus as well. But you would not know anything about that since your deceased leader said stylus is silly.

4. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    This is how you loose in the end. Trying to grasp for straws is very telling of what to come for iNtel lack of growth.

5. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Hello, here I go again

Reputations:
    Okey, I was wrong. Even less laptops will receive the AMD treatment;
    the upcoming Ryzen 3000 mobility ULV CPUs are almost on par with Intel's mobile CPUs from 2-3 years ago.

Hey Koolaid man :). I named you, because you wrote so many times that word in your comments. Yepp, that does not count, because Apple use a quality anti-reflective surface, which makes the screen enjoyable.

6. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So iI was trying to help a coworker who had a headphone jack broken off in his laptop, MacOS won't let him use internal speakers now since it overrides everything, in Windows you can at least block certain audio sources and enable others without this kind of issues. Seems like a major oversight. We even opened up the laptop and its stuck way in, might try superglue/cue tip method.

7. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Or take to a computer shop that works with mac to find a way to take it out-don't go to a Apple store they might not do this since that is opening the Mac up. They probably want to sell them a new mac.

8. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

Reputations:
    Other brands do use quality AR coating too - doesn't make neither theirs nor Apple's screens anything close to matte or even semi-matte. When looking at laptops with matte and glossy screens side by side, image looks more vibrant on glossy, so it is understandable why so many people fall for them.

Regardless, my point was - touch doesn't mean glossy screen. Apple could have implemented it long ago; they will probably do it with enormous pomp some time later, like when they introducied Apple Pencil - a very nice, extremely useful but also very long awaited addition to iPad line, which allowed it to become a professional tool for some, instead of mere media consumption device.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  9. Atom Ant

Reputations:
    Yes, noticed too. I’ve been always choosed laptops with matte screen and near the macbook screen is so vibrant, white is so white. Actually don’t know anymore which I like better glossy with good quality anti reflective surface or matte. But definiately I do not want tuch laptop screens at anyway, that have to be clear like television... I doubt Apple will ever implement touch for laptops, there is really no need. Pen is ok for Ipad, because the precision drawing.

Starlight5 likes this.
  10. Atom Ant

Reputations:
    Yes, interesting, or? The 1000 usd 2018 macbook air is slower than a 3years old Iphone 6S. That is why I have been waiting for Macbooks with Apple own made CPU / GPU combo. Intel could not double their CPU performance in ten years, while Apple do that in every two years!