Moving from Windows 7 to MacOS

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by 3g6, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Hello, here I go again

Reputations:
    Touchscreen for laptops? Nope, that is nonsense as much as Windows 10. Mouse and keyboards are more comfortable and faster. Touch is for phones and tablets.
    Performance wise, the new Ipad Pro is already faster than most Intel mobile processors. Once Apple kicks out of these and re-place them with own made 45W processors, people will scream after...

3g6 and Spartan like this.
  2. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Too much koolaid here. There is more then just a cpu that make a computer but without a cpu it's paperweight. AMD is already making RZ mobile processor so Apple is already late to the game.

kojack likes this.
  3. Atom Ant

Reputations:
    Ryzen CPUs just much as as Intel CPUs and they won’t even see laptops. Manufacturers rather use Intel, whatever happens...

4. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

Reputations:
    Is that so? The thing is, if you personally, or even your whole monkeysphere, don't see a particular feature as useful - that doesn't make the feature useless for everybody, and neither it justifies the mentality of praising lack of feature and defending the lazy-ass manufacturer who fails to introduce it...

More is better than less, not the opposite. Don't want a touchscreen to save a bit of battery life? Just order a laptop without it, which is an option for most laptops - what's the problem? But saying oh well, hurray for no touchscreen option - those who rely on it every day for whatever reason should learn to use the fabulous mouse and keyboards for everything like I do, instead of acknowledging obvious manufacturer shortcomings when it comes to offered configurations, is really beyond me.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    kojack likes this.
  5. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Then you obviously are living in a koolaid world there. iNtel for all their money failed to innovate and when AMD RZ came along all they did was tweak and say it was better but it was no better other then high price charging. Manufacture aren't beholden to your mindset here they use which one is economical to their bottom line and since iNtel got knocked out but RZ they have freedom of choice. They have real competition and now notice their CPU line has yet to improve much all they did was price cut but they still make it more then RZ line so tell me whom do you think will sell more in coming years if you can't make it affordable. RZ laptops aren't here yet but they are coming and iNtel has no choice in this.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    kojack likes this.
  6. Atom Ant

Reputations:
    Guys, guys..., believe me we will see only a couple Ryzen laptops from HP and from Dell. And only in the cheaper category. Dreamers :D... Don't you remember Llano and Trinity in how many laptops were they implemented?

Starlight 5:
    The problem is, the touch means glossy screen. Lifting, keeping the arms up there and making it dirty with fingerprints is a really good extra, yeah :). Even better when the lights are also reflecting on it. I understand some people don't mind that, however Apple knows it is not the way to impress...

Raiderman and Starlight5 like this.
  7. 3g6

3g6 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So awesome, works in safari for tabs, thanks! How can I switch between opened apps?

jclausius likes this.
  8. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

Reputations:
    It can also be semi-matte (which behaves like matte in most situations). Sadly, both semi-matte touch & matte non-touch displays have lately become much rarer options.

As for Apple - all their current laptops come with glossy screens, no?

9. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Perhaps my Mac mini is different, but Control (Ctrl) + Tab changes tabs in Safari. Command (or Apple key) + Tab switches app focus.

DackEW likes this.
  10. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Command + Tab works like Alt + Tab in Windows. Control + Tab in MacOS switches between tabs in Safari and Chrome.

For most intents and purposes, Command in MacOS functions identically to Control in Windows. You can use the keyboard preference pane to re-map the modifier keys (Command, Alt/Option, and Control) to something that's more comfortable if you can't get used to Command being right next to the space bar. Just keep in mind that a MacBook's built-in keyboard only has one Control key.

DackEW likes this.