Most reliable laptops!

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Rob, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    LMAO! They don't even have Panasonic listed!

Who makes the most reliable laptops? | Crave - CNET

I'd be willing to place bets that Panasonic would have 3-5 times the reliability of any other brand if they actually did a study... God forbid we go back to THIS thread... :D

~Rob - re-opening Pandora's box!

2. mnementh

mnementh Crusty Ol' TinkerDwagon

Reputations:
    Yeah well... there's 30 seconds (Well, now 90 seconds, with this post) of my life I'll never get back. What a waste of cyberspace. Why even bother to post that? It's like saying "It doesn't matter what brand of car you buy - they're all the same under the paint."

Ducktards.

mnem
    And I'm the ducktard who bothers to...

3. OperationDinnerOut

OperationDinnerOut Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Maybe it's a reliability survey of laptops makes that are known to be unreliable?

I suppose that's unfair (I actually like some non-Panasonic laptops), but omitting Panasonic does seem quite the oversight.

Then again, relatively few end-users buy a new Panasonic laptop. It seems that organizations buy them, and we all get them secondhand. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but that puts us in a different category than users of the makes listed.

4. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    It's amazing to think that they really are ALL the same EXCEPT for Panasonic!! LMFAO! They have NO CLUE because they've N-E-V-E-R actually used them! Let alone taken them apart!

Well, some of us get them second hand... :D... I like the idea of NEW Toughbooks...

~Rob - spoiled rotten~

5. KLonsdale

KLonsdale Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Rob if they included Panasonic then it would have skewed their numbers and then they would have disproved their own theory that all laptops are basically the same regardless of manufacturer. "Statistics don't lie and liars use statistics".

6. shackwrrr

shackwrrr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just read a thread on another forum saying consumer reports is useless. I think if toughbooks were on that list they would actually be fairly hight on repairs because they actually get used.

7. chingon

chingon Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'd be surprised if Panasonic shared 1% of laptop sales.....so there is that. I mean, otherwise, every rugged notebook manufacturer would be on top of that list methinks.

Does apple still build their own stuff, or is it an asian mill product nowadays?

8. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    Most parts coming outta apples (including main boards) are made in China...

9. chingon

chingon Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I don't have much problem w/chinese circuit boards, but it's when you have 3 single companies producing everything for everyone that they start spreading their resources a little too thin and quality starts taking a turn. Not to mention the clients cost-cutting measure to populate said circuit boards w/the lowest bidder components.

10. mnementh

mnementh Crusty Ol' TinkerDwagon

Reputations:
    Yeah, well... If it puts it in my price range, I'll take a used HUMVEE too, as long as they leave the .50 cal mount intact and it doesn't have too many shrapnel holes...

mnem
    Now where'd I put that JATO rocket...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.