More Windows 10 shenanigans - Anniversary Update - all kernel mode drivers must be signed

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ethrem, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The solution is the same as the the last, format all Windows 10 partitions :D

One of the features of the Anniversary Edition is to disable the disablements that used to work by disabling Group Policy changes, so says MS - at least in Windows 10 Pro.

Apparently this includes tweaks in the regular Windows 10 edition(s).

I would do some googling for a new solution, and check for tweak app updates over the next days / weeks.

When you do find out how, or find out it's impossible to stop now, please come back and let us know. o_O

2. Kana Chan

Kana Chan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Doesn't affect the Enterprise version or?

hmscott likes this.
  3. hmscott

Reputations:
    It's too early to tell, I can't find any mention of telemetry disable failing in Windows 10 Anniversary Update yet, you are the first I have seen reporting disabling Telemetry in Windows 10 has stopped working.

It was expected, what with privacy options being disabled in the Windows 10 Pro Edition by removing Group Policy controls, it makes sense MS would disable the previously working Registry hacks in the lower editions.

4. Kana Chan

Reputations:
    It's a quote from another site

5. hmscott

Reputations:
    I just noted the "'s, is this what happened to you, or did you quote someone else?

I found the quote here:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1607699/...-update-the-road-to-redstone/10#post_25405367

Is that you? Or is that what you quoted from? :)

6. Kana Chan

Reputations:
    Quoted from

hmscott likes this.
  7. hmscott

Reputations:
    Ok, that's cool, if it's wide spread we should hear more such reports, and get some details from debugging soon enough :)

8. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Well I managed to get Windows 7 up and running... it wasn't easy but I figured it out... I was able to split my RAID basically in half and used the empty to space to set up a dual boot for 7 and 10. I'll be sticking with 7 until things settle down with 10...

Solo wing, Papusan and steberg like this.
  9. hmscott

Reputations:
    Wow, that's great news. :cool:

What was the final bit to flip to get 7 installed and stable?

Ethrem likes this.
  10. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I had to let the BIOS flip the CSM switch by itself. I tried installing in UEFI mode and it rebooted as soon as the kernel loaded, dumped me to an AMIBIOS screen that says the CSM was enabled, and from there it went through. No idea why me manually changing it didn't fix it.

As for AiSuite, it took me a few hours of juggling but I figured it out. I was missing the MEI. Now I have my system set up and silent mode is actually quieter than it was in 10. Can't hear my fans at all unless I throw wPrime at it which kicks them up just a notch.

I hadn't tried Windows 7 since I put the firmware update to support Devil's Canyon on here so who knows if they fixed it between my 4770K and 4790K but its fine now. USB 3 and all. There's one unknown device but I don't really care about that.

Microsoft has also made it easier to do phone registration... they send you a text and you enter in the number blocks on a website on your phone. Took me less than 3 minutes to get it activated.

Updates though, those were a royal pain. Its all settled now though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.