More people leaving Bioware

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Felix_Argyle, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Felix_Argyle

Felix_Argyle Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For anyone who still cares about Bioware even though they haven't produced anything good since Mass Effect 3.
    Lead producer of Anthem have left it few days ago and today the lead producer of Dragon Age 4 also left it:
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bioware-loses-two-lead-producers-213400641.html

I wonder if DA 4 will be cancelled and EA will just disband Bioware completely like they have done with other game studios.

hmscott likes this.
  2. R3v4n

R3v4n Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It's so unfortunate, EA has taken possibly one if not the best studio ever for single player RPG games and utterly demolished it.

Been a massive Bioware fan over the years, since Kotor, Swtor is now horribly underfunded/underdeveloped, Andromeda was barely passable and Anthem has been a complete car crash.

I hope they don't get end up being disbanded and can recover from this, ideally they would pull the same move as Bungie (split from Activision) and split from EA, I can dream :D.

hmscott likes this.
  3. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm not optimistic about the outcome and lament their destruction. In my mind there needs to be a decimation. I'm talking the Roman punishment in the legions for poor performance from whence the definition came: We hang one it ten corporate boy wonders at random, show the remainder just how much rope there is in this world, see what happens next. I'm guessing a few rounds of that would see a more pro-consumer attitude flourishing in the corporate world. :)

R3v4n likes this.
  4. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Same thing needs to happen to DICE.

Viares Strake likes this.
  5. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    The Dragon Age trilogy was really good but no doubt whoever is at fault; Bioware was ruined under the umbrella of EA.

6. R3v4n

R3v4n Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sounds like a great plan imo.

Yeah DA was a fantastic series. DA:I was a return to old Bioware standard imo, amazing, engaging story that no other studio can match, fun game play, memorable characters etc.

I think this Anthem debacle is going to be the shot that ended up killing the studio, so many other projects were shelved and other live products snubbed for the sake of the development of Anthem and it's still even now a very unfinished game with only 4 different "dungeons" to do at lvl 30 and thats it.

Swtor took a major dip in content/dev communication/player count/support/updates during the time Anthem was being developed, DA was shelved completely, ME:A development team was stripped bear to refocus devs on to the Anthem project.

7. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Biowere...

Haven't played 2, but I liked DAO a lot.
    DAI was a huge letdown for me. Boring save the world story and MMO style sidequests.

8. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Really enjoyed Origins, listening to Morrigan conversing with Alistair and Leliana had me in stitches at times. Loved Bioware back then; didn't see it coming to this pass.

9. Felix_Argyle

Felix_Argyle Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, DA:I was disappointing - poor story, ugly companions, not many choices and grindy sidequests.

We still have CD Projekt RED who can make quality RPGs.

10. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Also Obsidian, Larian, and probably many other out there.

Check out Greedfall, it will be released in September. Looks like it might become a decent game.

hfm and hmscott like this.