1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Monitoring Notebook Temps: nVidia & ATI, CPU, HDD - Do your temps worry you?

Discussion in 'Notebook Dummy Guide Articles' started by Gophn, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack53

jack53 Samsung Ultra Lover!

Reputations:
    BUMP............................

2. BLACKMAMBA123

BLACKMAMBA123 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @gophn
    wat is the way to see temps while playing game??? like the screenshots u posted ????i followed each n every step u mentiond but still im unable to get it like that......

3. jack53

Reputations:
    On mine, when you double click to load the program, once it is loaded, you "minimize" it and it goes in my tray and then loads on my screen like you see here:
    [​IMG]

4. MINIz guy

MINIz guy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey Jack, do those temperatures show up while playing games in full screen mode? I've tried Everest Ultimate edition with a temperature display much like that, but the temperatures only show up in windowed games.

5. jack53

Reputations:
    Yep, unless you close the program, it stays in view no matter what your running. You can change the color of it too. I really like this program.

6. MINIz guy

Reputations:
    What settings do you have enabled to have the temperatures show on the desktop? I just downloaded it and can't figure this out.

7. jack53

Reputations:
    Maximize it instead of minimizing it and it will open on your desktop, then there are several tabs with different settings to choose. When done, minimize it and it goes in the tray and in the corner, (or where ever you want it).

8. MINIz guy

Reputations:
    Alright, I got it to work but I still can't get that window to show in Call of Duty 4. If I play my other game, Live For Speed, I can get that graph to show as I usually play that in windowed mode. Ah well, I guess I can't monitor temperatures when playing Call of Duty 4.

9. BLACKMAMBA123

BLACKMAMBA123 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @jack
    which progrm ur using for temps....i installed pc wizard but did not like much...instead i like hardware monitor frm cpuid.com....its easy to use...

10. jack53

Reputations:
    I'm using PC Wizard. Why did you not like the program?