1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Games, Home Theater, TV, and Movies' started by DraXxus1549, Oct 19, 2009.

?

Which System?

1. Xbox 360

49 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Playstation 3

29 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. PC

81 vote(s)
    50.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burkle25

burkle25 Are you a color?

2. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

LMAO PERFECT! This will be my setup for blackops! :p

3. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

lol, are u guys still playing MW2? i haven't been on ever since i got madden 2010 and starcraft 2. i get my new laptop tomorrow, so i'll probably PC game until black ops comes out.

4. burkle25

Haven't played in a week :) Meaning I haven't yelled at a TV either :p

5. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

I only play every once in a while when Im not working or playing reach. I actually played last night to try and retain some MW reflexes and such and found that the AK47 isnt too shaby! I used to always hate the gun but now its not too bad and kinda makes me excited about them bringing the dragonov back. Might be a nice hybrid AR/sniper weapon.

6. Mastershroom

Mastershroom wat

I haven't played since my 8800GT died a few weeks ago...I think I might install it on my netbook and see how that goes, though.

7. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Let me know how it goes. I have been contemplating the thinkpad netbook thats dual core and has a 3200 and kinda close in performance. With my birthday coming up I have alot of thoughts on what I need the most since I have been on such a tight budget.

8. Mastershroom

Mastershroom wat

I certainly wouldn't use this for a main gaming machine. I have to turn all the settings as low as they'll go, and even then framerates aren't great. And explosions or anything else with lots of particle effects will drop it right into the single digits for a few seconds.

That said, it's surprisingly playable most of the time, with 30+ frames per second. It's not very pretty and you won't have much luck sniping, but it's playable. Not too bad for a last resort.

9. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Nice! I dont think I would play FPS with the notebook (if I choose to get it over jeep upgrades). Mainly it would be older RTS and if I played, WoW. I really like the idea of a super thin and light laptop, but then I realize that my SXPS 16 works out fine. Sure I cannot use it on an airplane or anything, but for the rest of my use (95% of it) its actually easy to lug around and use.

As for MW2 I bet aiming with a mouse must be amazing compared to console controllers.

10. houstoned

man, now that u mention it. i really miss FPS'in with a mouse. :(

11. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Me too... maybe ill dust off the UT games. I would reload orange box but its too buggy and too many script kiddies for it to be fun.

12. houstoned

i just got my NP8850, and i'm thinkin about reinstallin steam for some team fortress 2 action. :D i miss whackin ppl with my engineer's wrench lol.

13. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

LOL engineer is my favorite clas in that game. Gotta love a well placed turret! I would love to reload steam and tf2 but I hear its over run with script kiddies these days. With all the other games lik it I dont know if I can take another. If you load it up let me know how bad it is cause I would love to get back into PC gaming.

14. houstoned

sure, i already downloaded and installed steam. i'll just have to download TF2 again. i've seen a few clips and it's totally different from the TF2 of a few years ago. there are alot of earnable achievements, items, and stuff like that now. i was a battle/rushing engineer, so i always built turrents in some annoying (for the enemy ;)) spots. i'd put a teleporter somewhere across from my turrents, so they could act as distractions, and let my turrents goto work. :D

15. burkle25

Normal or Hardened edition for Black Ops?

16. ICantFeelMyFace

ICantFeelMyFace Notebook Evangelist

Hardened Edition you get 4 extra maps that I think were from Nazi Zombies on WaW.

17. DraXxus1549

DraXxus1549 Notebook Evangelist

I'm planning on getting the hardened edition, because of the maps. Also I have a $20 gift card from Halo: Reach. :D

18. burkle25

Question is will those be available for download later. I'd rather spend 10$ on them later than 20$ extra now.

19. burkle25

Hmm forgot about 20$ credit. Hopefully my mom will let me use hers :D

20. ICantFeelMyFace

ICantFeelMyFace Notebook Evangelist

Well knowing what activision did with the map packs on MW2, I doubt they will sell them for $10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.