Modded NVIDIA drivers for Windows

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Vasudev, Dec 9, 2018.

1. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This happens because your GPU'S is no longer officially supported by nVidia :oops: use alanfoxx2000 drivers.. it have options to add the drivers manually :)

2. Doc Fox

Doc Fox Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    RTX series are the latest nVidia GPU's. I don't understand how they would not be supported. Also the official drivers install fine as well.

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 likes this.
  3. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

Reputations:
    oh then.. that is another issue :D I though you have older GPUs like pre pascal :rolleyes: then I guess this issues needs to be raised to XG developer :) I just simply remove crap from XG nVidia drivers :)

4. ixelyth

ixelyth Newbie

Reputations:
    I assume you're using official DCH drivers. XG drivers and some of the other ones here are based off Standard drivers. Some Windows 10 versions will only accept DCH drivers, however. So, make sure you're using a modded DCH driver (like alanfox). J95 drivers probably add DCH based devices to it.

You can tell by going to the NVIDIA Control Panel -> Help -> System Information. Look at where it says Driver Type. It most likely says DCH.

If you want to switch to Standard from DCH, follow this:
    https://www.techpowerup.com/250415/...windows-october-2018-update-and-how-to-fix-it

The issue with Windows 10 1809+ is if you DDU, automatically after restarting, it will install an older version of the NVIDIA DCH driver. Basically it forces you to continue installing DCH drivers.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  5. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  6. Doc Fox

Doc Fox Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I just tried the alanfox DCH drivers after DDU and disabled driver signiture. 15% and the crashes. This is how I always tried it btw. Sideload apps is also selected. If there are instructions written somewhere, I have read and done them. I also tried pasting the J95 .inf files into the alanfox drivers and still doesnt work. J95 drivers used to install fine, but they also give graphic driver installation failed error now.

Maybe alanfox drivers are missing some component the RTX cards need? cause the other member who had the same issue is running a RTX card as well.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Starlight5 likes this.
  7. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The Alanfox Windows 10 standard drivers work perfectly on my desktop RTX 2070.

8. ixelyth

ixelyth Newbie

Reputations:
    I've encountered that crash on some of his driver repacks. If it's crashing, it's because it can't trigger the install driver dialog, most likely due to a problem with the driver itself. Maybe see if your AV is blocking it at the time of install by just disabling it temporarily.

If all else fails, and if you really wanted to install these XG tweaked drivers, you could switch to the Standard driver branch from DCH (Safe Mode DDU -> J95 Standard Driver -> AlanFox (or other XG) Standard Driver), and see if those repacks work.

9. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

Reputations:
    XG 430.97 drivers For Laptops/Desktops:- [Lite & Debloated + Physx] made by @6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 :cool:

https://mega.nz/#!K40kWYQB!G_DNr8TtMjw9K8vQWMQ0s-I8FudDqJdY6DqvHgjETWg

Enjoy ;) :cool:

Sorry to say but I think this will be my last Debloated XG driver I will do.. because I have no time to breath due to my current situation [Family thing] but I will come back and keep providing those debloated XG drivers ;) It is only temporary until I find a time for my self & for you all :) , Thank you! (^.^)!

Ok here is what they do on every driver :) I got the list from there dead website http://tweakforce.com by using http://web.archive.org/ ;)
    XG drivers are tweaked to improve image quality and stability while performance may increase or decrease slightly depending on your system specs. A few XG registry tweaks include mods to the following:

Paletted Textures In Video Memory
    Render Quality Flags
    Target Flush Count
    Texture Clamp Behavior
    Texture LOD Bias
    Use Cached PCI Mappings
    Texture Memory Space
    Downloaded Memory Space
    Texture Precache
    UMA Fast Frame Buffering
    Main 3D rendering
    Triple Buffering
    Any more information you want to know.. ask them.. :)
    Here's what I observed comparing between official ones vs XG...
    -Less microstutters
    -Higher OC Potential (Gives me additional 50 ~ 90 MHz more OC) with the same overvolt (I use +75mv) going higher voltage gives me black screen
    -Higher FPS [Not significant-(YMMV)] (due to less stuttering I guess you feel that you are playing at higher frame rate :D)
    -Less latency per a frame (Means smoothie gameplay) ;)

If you want the normal XG driver version... look here...
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/nvidia-geforce-driver-430-97-hotfix.829097/#post-10919098

triturbo, pipyakas and jaybee83 like this.
  10. Doc Fox

Doc Fox Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Btw, alafox updated his driver, so it did install on my laptop. I asked him on puresof blog here, and the updated version works fine.