Modded NVIDIA drivers for Windows

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Vasudev, Dec 9, 2018.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    After much testing and installation/uninstallation heartache, these are going to be my go-to drivers for desktop and laptop use. After using the j95 inf for the latter, I have full functionality on both it and my desktop's RTX 2070. It was tricky because I wanted a telemetry-free driver, but the mod by @6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 wouldn't install the audio driver on the Blade, which resulted in no audio output from the HDMI port. This was not an issue with the alanfox2000 set.

2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    @yrekabakery and @D2Ultima
    Figured why newer Nvidia driver caused increased stuttering and gave crappy performance. It was a buggy value set by nvidia when you use VSYNC tear control to Adaptive w/o setting VSYNC to ON/Off/Fast Sync/Forced ON/Off. If you don't set it drivers work like crap on older games and older hardware. I usually type adaptive sync and nvidia page always said to enable VSYNC Tear control to Adaptive and you're good to go. What led me into this direction was recent 43x.xx 19Hq driver has buggy VSYNC control.
    <4xx.xx VSYNC tear control works properly and sets optimal value on the fly whereas post 4xx.xx requires the user to choose a VSYNC values. If nvidia dev team suggested this change long time ago we won't be in this situation.
    Anyway, can anyone interpret Metro Redux benchmarks? I used 391.25 to test it and FPS shown in graph wasn't reached because I had RTSS running in background and it reported only min 10FPS, avg 48-55FPS on Ultra preset @ FHD resolution.
    1.png

2.png

3.png

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 and joluke like this.
  3. Casowen

Casowen Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Since I dont have the heart to go through alot of pages of forum, could you tell me how the repack compares to the normal version?

4. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    Performance feels the same (don't have exact numbers), but the main reason I have these installed is to remove NVIDIA's telemetry.

5. Casowen

Casowen Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Anything else we need to know before using this? Maybe use DDU first? How does it compare performance wise to normal drivers? I am all for disabling the telemetry and working out the performance bugs of normal drivers, so I am curious.

6. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You got your reply above! And yes, use DDU first then disable drivers signature on windows and install them and reenable the drivers signature afterwards!

Performance is the same as stock, but without telemetry :)

Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  7. Vaeron

Vaeron Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi! Any update on this?

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 likes this.
  8. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey! Sorry :( totally forgot to tell you about it... I did gave a try the other day but no success really :oops:

joluke and Vaeron like this.
  9. Vaeron

Vaeron Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Oh, darn. Thank you for trying!

I guess I have to use the official drivers then.

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 likes this.
  10. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    You don't need to re-enable driver signature enforcement. This is done automatically at the next system restart.

joluke and 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 like this.