Modded NVIDIA drivers for Windows

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Vasudev, Dec 9, 2018.

1. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you have your stock VBIOS file.. then give it to me and I'll try mod it for you... other than that.. deal with what you have.. do your part and I will do mine. Other than that... good luck with what you have now... I can't do everything for you...

First of all.. do you know how to deal with BIOSs? Like using a programmer or flashing? If you don't know... I can't help you.

c69k and Zill like this.
  2. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for the input

Hi, my laptop arrives Tuesday and yes I've flashed a modded vbios before but that was a while back. 780m to allow custom voltages. I was thinking there are 2 versions of the 2070 Max-q, 80W and 90W. Mine is 80W so to keep things simple I want to try flash the 90W TDP version and give that a try. I 'll still need some special command line to use with nvflash to force it on my chip I think. So far can't find any of the new RTX Max-q vbios's anywhere yet

I'm willing to spend some time to get some more juice outa these gpus, its the fun part for me!

c69k likes this.
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You need HW flashers since nvflash can't bypass non-signed vBIOS aka Modded vBIOS since its a risk for nvidia for people who extract max performance from Max Q.

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 and jaybee83 like this.
  4. pipyakas

pipyakas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  5. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sure ok but what if I flash another nvidia signed Max-Q bios? like the 90W tdp one Razer uses?

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 likes this.
  6. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

Reputations:
    Good to hear that my efforts aren't wasted :D but the puresoft drivers have modified many things including .dlls to remove telemetry completely... so this makes sense that it might trigger any kind of Anti cheat engine :)

Thanks for reporting ! :) I guess I need to post this as a warning whenever there's a new PureSoft drivers comes out :)

joluke and Vasudev like this.
  7. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

Reputations:
    You can't... instant brick.... unless they have the same video card device ID (which is rare)

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So I'm out of options? My dream of higher TDP 2070 MQ is crumbling to pieces...?

My heart is shattered. Just like my FPS.

I thought you could bypass the non matching device id with a command line option with nvflash.

Like I did to flash my evga 2080 Ti to the Galax HOF 380W TDP vbios

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  9. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

Reputations:
    Only time will tell... you are out of options only for the time being :)

Try to undervolt your GPU without sacrificing performance... maybe it will help you on gaming performance (if you have this option)

Zill likes this.
  10. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I did manage do bypass the non matching device id issue with a command line option with nvflash when I flashed my evga 2080 Ti to the Galax HOF 380W TDP vbios.

So I thought this would apply here too

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 likes this.