[MOD] Turn Geforce cards into Quadro and wise versa

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by valuxin, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valuxin

valuxin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    4.7K Ohm is the resistance of electric chain, but not the resistor. According to physics laws, electrons flow through the place with lowest resistance. That's why to measure the value of resistor you should desolder it. What I actually did and post the values in my second post. I'm going to change subject of this thread to turning Geforce into Quadro and wise versa.

2. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Sounds interesting. If nVidia had any brains they would actually add a transistor to the chip itself. Production costs increase of course but if this becomes a thing, especially when Pascal hits... Shockwaves. Literally.

3. pipkata

pipkata Newbie

Reputations:
    I've mesuared it on 4 GPUs - K3000M , K4000M , GTX680M, GTX780M both on them and desoldered, it's the same value - 4.7KOhm. So no, this is not the right strap. As @triturbo already mentioned, the other two are correct. This means one thing, you can change the model, but only within Quadros, or GeForce, but not mixing them. At least for now. I'm searching for the other straps pair (pull-up and pull-down) but no luck so far.

As of now, I've used an HP K4000m base with N13E-GTX-A2 (GTX680M) chip with according straps that turn it into K4000, K5000 and K5100. Tested as K4000m on P170HM as well as K5000m and K5100m on P157SM.

Coming soon - 8740w.

4. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Install Ubuntu or Kubuntu Linux, run sudo lspci > test1.txt

Now go to restricted drivers and install the nVidia drivers... Reboot...

sudo lspci > test2.txt

Feel free to open the control panel by installing nvidia-settings but it won't give you the raw dump that lspci does.

Maleko48 likes this.
  5. Mr.Koala

Mr.Koala Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    This has been a known for quite a while, and mostly on desktops, where the price gap between consumer and workstation is way bigger. NV's pro market profit doesn't appear to be dropping in any way.

6. javanse

javanse Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there, i've just registered to ask about the soft straps on Kepler. Could you tell me at which offsets in the video bios the soft strap for Kepler is located? I've done some soft-strap mods in the past with Fermi GPUs where the location is at 0x58 - 0x67, but in a Kepler video bios there's only some generic code (FF FF FF 7F 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF 7F 00 00 00 80) at that location.

7. valuxin

valuxin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Kepler doesn't support softstraps - only hw straps. The location you you are telling about definitely soft straps. Kepler+ generations don't use soft straps at all. You can fill it with any info - nothing will happen.

8. amatesi

amatesi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  9. forall788

forall788 Newbie

Reputations:
    HI I have i7-4910 with quadro 2100m

possible do editing?

i can help with anything needed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.