Mobile RX6000s in 2021

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by BrightSmith, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Kunal Shrivastava

Kunal Shrivastava Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    SLI is dead for a reason, but that's another topic entirely!
    Lets just say there's a damn good reason why any modern AA techniques will never work with SLI.

DLSS though is here to stay from the looks of it :)
    Also nvidia's already working on improving their pipeline, they have a new feature called DLAA that's basically the same tech minus the supersampling.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.digitaltrends.com/computing/what-is-nvidia-dlaa/?amp

Allegedly its supposed to make 1080p gaming on 1080p monitors look like its being supersampled at 4k.You don't get a performance increase from this one!

KING19 and Clamibot like this.
  2. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Its dead because Nvidia dumped support onto the Dev's, case closed. I used SLI for every generation since Fermi and only the odd title here and there that didnt work with it officially the rest was basically covered via profiles. Now you just have to see if mGPU support is enabled but not many titles use it.

Might be neat, but for now I am not interested in those technologies.

Clamibot likes this.
  3. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    I've also used it since fermi (gtx 295 as well actually) and agree it was great tech and could have still been used.

mGPU had potential but developers don't care for it.

Future GPUs will have chiplets so will be interesting how that works out as well.

On a side note I like DLSS but probably because I just started using it (DLSS 2.0).
    I've heard 1.0 was horrible and that's probably why lots of people aren't fans.

RTX 3000 in my M18xR2 gets a very nice boost thanks to DLSS so I look forward to 3.0 or w/e the next one is.

4. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    DLSS has more pros than cons. To most people by enabling DLSS/FSR/XeSS you'll gain a lot more FPS without doing much and extending the life of your GPU depending on the games that support them.

Clamibot and JRE84 like this.
  5. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Yeah there was potential for mGPU but developers dont want to be on the hook if something doesnt work so it all fell apart rather quickly

chiplets will be interesting for sure, like most things until it hits the shelves I tend to forget about it lol

Ok, so? I do not care. I am neither arguing for or against it and have stated as such multiple times already. If DLSS poofs out of existence or remains it doesnt change my day in the slightest. If people enjoy the feature then I am happy to see a consumer served well, beyond that, it means nothing to me.

KING19 and JRE84 like this.
  6. Kunal Shrivastava

Kunal Shrivastava Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    JRE84 likes this.
  7. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I dont really mess with image sharpening

JRE84 likes this.
  8. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    It can be fun to add into a game that you are already modding but I dont have the time to compare before and after and see if I want to keep it included

ME trilogy is probably the only series I had fun modding.

9. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    AMD make ready to compete with Nvidia's refreshed 3000 mobile graphics cards coming in spring 2022.

AMD confirms Radeon RX 6500M and RX 6300M feature Navi 24 GPU videocardz.com

According to the information featured in the latest Radeon driver “21.40.1”, Navi 24 codenamed “Beige Goby” will be used in four mobile graphics cards: Radeon PRO W6500M, Radeon PRO W6300M, and in their gaming variants: RX 6500M and RX 6300M. Those four cards are in addition to already known RX 6500XT and RX 6400 desktop GPUs which are to feature Navi 24 GPU as well.

Since Navi 24 is considered primarily a mobile GPU (due to its low-power requirement), the manufacturer might want to launch its Navi 23 graphics cards around CES 2022 where AMD is also expected to announce its brand new Ryzen 6000 processors codenamed “Rembrandt”.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.