Mobile Polaris Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by moviemarketing, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Actually you can't assume *all* AIB RX480's are compliant, you need to verify it on a card by card, vendor/model basis.

That's the real problem. AMD losing PCI-E Compliance Certification means all the AIB cards are in an uncertain compliance realm.

i_pk_pjers_i likes this.
  2. King of Interns

King of Interns Simply a laptop enthusiast

Reputations:
    Maybe we get rx460 in mxm form. That would be a nice start. Next a rx480 please ;)

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

triturbo and i_pk_pjers_i like this.
  3. Mr.Koala

Mr.Koala Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    AMD losing PCIe compliance on reference cards means many pre-builds will stay away from it. That market isn't large to begin with though.

D2 Ultima, hmscott and i_pk_pjers_i like this.
  4. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Pre builds already stay away from them. I could only find R9 380/380X in many pre builds around october last year, with some more offering 390/390X cards (at $100 more than 970s/980s, mind, somehow) and VERY RARELY R9 Fury X (at $100 more than 980Tis, once again somehow) and Fury Nano cards...

Please note, the $550 USD R9 Fury cards, 20% stronger than a 980, costing the same as a 980, is *NEVER* sold in pre-built machines. I simply could NOT find it, anywhere, in the US for prebuilt PC companies.

RX 480 will simply not even exist in pre-builts at all.

5. ryanev84

ryanev84 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ?0k

Wonder why cards have not caught up to games. My old GeForce 6800go ran half-life 2 at 130fps. The 6990m was and best offer at the time but never saw new games hit 130fps. Now it's 2016 and Nvidia has the 1080 out and it won't max much at 130fps. And has yet to offer

6. Mr.Koala

Mr.Koala Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    So losing compliance doesn't really matter in the end when you don't have sells in the first place. :p

7. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    Very funny right?

Cheaper GPUs, costing more, even better propositions non-existent. Now go ahead and tell us again that we are delusional and that the industry is not sucking nGREEDIA's @$$. AMD is not entirely to blame unlike what you love to say.

TomJGX likes this.
  8. D2 Ultima

Reputations:
    You know what, I'm convinced you don't actually read my posts. I've done more than my fair share of bashing of nVidrosoft in this thread, even though I've said this is NOT the place for it, since the topic is AMD.

AMD is looking for their crap. I never said the industry was fair to them, but they are looking for their crap. If I sat there and saw AMD actually fighting and trying, I'd change my criticisms and stop bashing them. But unlike your flaming nVidia-hating self, I refuse to believe that AMD is barely at fault. There were a hundred things they could have done to prevent all the heat I've been giving them here, and I listed some of them already.

9. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    I can say the same, so it's a two way street, that's why I stopped earlier. You read what you like and ignore the rest.

I never said that "AMD is barely at fault", that's your short-view-distance-reality-bending vision that says so. I literary said "AMD is not entirely to blame" and was eager to see your response. You didn't disappoint. You can go ahead and double check the post above yours. I would never say that AMD is not to blame, because sadly this is not the case and I have posted a few times why the lack of MSi machines with AMD hardware might be partly to AMD. In the mean time nGREEDIA gets a pass on an awful lot of things, that's what gets me and I don't give a damn how I look, I'll bash nGREEDIA to the hell and back, since I'm among the very few that does so around here.

I don't see you go hard on nGREEDIA about numerous things (some pointed in this very topic and nowhere else in the forum), but you nit-pick EVERY SINGLE AMD mishap. So don't try to convey your neutrality, I know that there isn't one. At least I don't pretend, ever since GameSux happened, I said that I'm AMD biased and wont even consider nGREEDIA product and I stand behind it. Right now, there's nothing nGREEDIA has to be praised about, really. If you had a broader view, you would've seen it as well.

Not fighting? Pffft! How do you fight bribing?! Like the grIntel settlement that came a little too late with "coincidental" AMD CPUs downhill. Thanks the EU on that, if it wasn't for them, all would've been "good". Even with it, that settlement wasn't even remotely enough to fix what was done (after all it was an EU settlement, while the world is a bit broader than that). Now we are getting the same thing, only with GPUs.

10. D2 Ultima

Reputations:
    Go search my name and "nVidia" on T|I and here. I'm sure you'll find some things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.