Mobile Pascal TDP Tweaker Update and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Coolane, Jun 20, 2017.

1. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    Yes as then you will know what the Target and Limit range is. I have updated my last post to what should be the reply from the command issued if its successful.

Its how i change my Power States as MSI Afterburner has been uninstalled from my system and i just use .bat files and HWinfo.

hans12321 likes this.
  2. hans12321

hans12321 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @hacktrix2006 tried your commands but all i get is "changing power management limit is not supported for GPU ............"

3. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Right means there is something else stopping it then, which could either be a System Bios or EC Firmware. Thats the only places i think that can be hard coded for power limits.

4. hans12321

hans12321 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    yes maybe thats the problem... nevermind i will sell the aw 13 and will buy a aw 15 gtx 1070...

5. StepSon

StepSon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think that you are not right here... I think the problem around firmware itself, not the hardware (or EC, system bios etc.)

Btw, I tried to set power limit with nvidia-smi tool and got the same message "Changing power management limit is not supported for GPU"...

EDIT: I was wrong about system bios...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  6. StepSon

StepSon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wow! I fixed my problem, guys!

Once I've disable "TPM Secure option" in bios my Power limit slider in MSI Afterburner became active!!! ****ing encryption =)

Full path in Clevo bios:
    Security->TPM Configuration->Security Device Support=Disable

Now I able to play Witcher3 with 1900Mhz@0.9v with no power limit and 90+w. Thank you very much =)

P.s. pls add this note to the first page

EDIT: I tried to turn off/on TPM again but now power limit slider is active anyway...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  7. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Glad you got it working. What's your scores and temps like now

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

8. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    @Coolane Hi bud, is 82c fine? as this has been my max thus far temp wise whilst playing Destiny 2 for 4 hours. If not then i will use the one you made for me set at 98w max, until i can get hold of the 2 piece heatsink for a GTX 1070 as my current one is a 75w heatsink.

9. Coolane

Coolane Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you don't see any artifact or crashing around 82C, then it's fine. Personally I wouldn't go over 85C.
    Have you tried to use some liquid metal thermal paste, maybe you can drop your core temp by 2~3C under load.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  10. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    @Coolane, there was no artifacting at all at 82c, however i found out what the issue was like a moron i activated Coolboost and turned it off so it went to Auto Fan rather then Advance Fan profile. However i was in a funny thinking route today and flash the stock vbios back (SPI Backup) but changed the SubVendor ID from 1C60 1462 11FF to 1C60 1462 11AF and it failed to show a screen (Would of been nice if it worked though lol) as if i sell the laptop at a later date i could of flashed that which would of ment if it worked no more driver modding for the new user.

However i have flashed your 98w vbios for now. As for Liquid Metal i am thinking about using that however as i do go out and about with the laptop the risk of spillage is there thus will stick with Kryonaught for now it does a good job with idle on GPU and CPU at 30c with CPU going to 72c max and GPU hitting 82c max.

I also found out my EDP port is a 40 pin port (My Logic was correct based on MSI using same board for the line that also had the 4K screen) so i could upgrade to 120hz screen as well hopefully once i can replace the 40pin EDP to 30pin EDP connection just have to have the guts to completely dismantle the laptop.

Right found my sweet spot for clocks and temps.

73c on GPU during benchmark runs.

3DMark11: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12504778
    TimeSpy: https://www.3dmark.com/spy/2779163
    Firestrike: https://www.3dmark.com/fs/14210018
    SkyDiver: https://www.3dmark.com/sd/4893448

Using MSI Afterbuner with the following settings in the vbios and MSI's volt curve editor.

Sweetspot.png Logviewer.png

This tool is smashing and this is as far as i am taking overclocks till i get the GT72VR two piece 100w Heatsink Thanks @Coolane once again and the others for this wonderful tool.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Coolane likes this.